wooohoooooooooooooo Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,152 • Replies: 58
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:02 pm
Very nice. It's easy to see you've worked very hard.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:04 pm
cool

you have a very nice voice
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
Embarrassed

I completely forgot, voice is on there.

HA!

well, there ya go. Wink
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:21 pm
Shewolf, I'm really happy for you. Love the fireplace with the stone wall. I hope you and your family create many wonderful memories there!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:30 pm
Great job, shewolf. Lot's of work has paid off nicely. I'm more than sure you're going to be very happy in your new place. Congrats!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
I am excited.

My friend is a painter, and she had a lot of left ove rpaints from her jobs, so she let me pick a color pattern/theme.. and she made me some custom colors from what she had to match.

She is fabulous .
I am starting to really love her as a great friend. Not just for the work she has done, but who she is. We have spent alot of time together painting, washing, painting some more and she is just really a wonderful person.

In fact, I am going over to her home tonight to hangout in the pool and celebrate.
Cold beer, big pool, warm pizza..

>sigh< Very Happy
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
It's hard to beieve that **** hole before is the same as that splendid after. Not that it was a **** hole before, mind you. I just..er...forget I said anything.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:36 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I am excited.

My friend is a painter, and she had a lot of left ove rpaints from her jobs, so she let me pick a color pattern/theme.. and she made me some custom colors from what she had to match.

She is fabulous .
I am starting to really love her as a great friend. Not just for the work she has done, but who she is. We have spent alot of time together painting, washing, painting some more and she is just really a wonderful person.

In fact, I am going over to her home tonight to hangout in the pool and celebrate.
Cold beer, big pool, warm pizza..

>sigh< Very Happy

you have a friend?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:38 pm
just one

and she charges by the hour
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 05:42 pm
Here is the room that had the 2 doors kicked out.

You cant even TELL what happened.

THe back door is brand new, replaced the door frame and some of the drywall on both doors. Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:03 pm
Good one! Nice to see it's all worked out for you. Enjoy your new home!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:29 pm
Was that music shamans exorcising the previous spirits? I sure hope so.

When am I coming over?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:38 pm
HA!

I have no sound on my computer yet...
I forget what was going on in that first video.

Actually, yeah... I was playing some native drumming to help me relax and get a bit of strength in that place.
It really felt... "drunk angry"

I would not be surprised if the previous tennants were alcoholics, or there was some kind of abuse goin on in there. Confused
It just felt horrible, crampy, and violent.

Clearing out that nasty stuff.. well.. Im almost done with that Wink

It was alot of work.
more then I thought when I first opened the door.

That place was piled almost ankle high with trash, rotten food, dirty diapers, clothes, toys, and other junk.

The fridge was unplugged, FULL OF FOOD, and left that way for almost 3 weeks.
Rot anyone?

The bathroom had **** on the floor beHIND the toilet. Confused
Dont even wanna know how that got there.

There were holes punched out in the walls of the tub

the doors kicked out
windows pried open

>sigh

But, this is what we can afford, so i busted my hump to make it liveable .
Aside from about 80% of the painting, and actually doing the drywall, all of the work was done by me.
The downstairs neighbor helped haul out the junk the first go round, but clean up and prep work was mine.

Im actually pretty proud of myself . I had a hand in making our new home. It is OUR color pattern, OUR space, Very Happy

Feels pretty damn good being in my skin right this second.

Chai, as soon as I have a TABLE.. hehe..
you can come have some homemade Thai, salads, or just good ole cold beers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:45 pm
You sound just right! Your voice jives with the voice I hear when I read your posts - except you sound maybe a hair deeper in reality.

Great job - I'm so happy for you all!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:54 pm
I agree, the voice sounded just like I expected.

WOW!!! What a transformation! It's just like watching HGTV, only faster! (Well, okay, maybe not for you, shewolf... Laughing )

LOVE the colors...especially the one on the living room & kitchen walls. Did you remove part of the wall between the kitchen & living room, or was it open before?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 07:13 pm
Yaay! Very good. COngratulations.

All I wanna know is, what did you do get that music out?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 07:20 pm
nimh wrote:

All I wanna know is, what did you do get that music out?

Danced naked. Very Happy
That scares anything away!

No, it was open like that before. I just repainted the side wall so that the stark white would show a defination between living room and kitchen.
Before it was the same horrid yellow color and it made it look like all one tiny room.

It IS a tiny room, but with the bright white against the grey, you can tell where something begins and ends, yet it still flows together to make it feel bigger.

The fridge is not in place yet, and it will go to the right of the stove.

Other then that, everything else is in place.

NOW the fireplace doesnt look so "out of place'.
We picked a blue/green that when put on thin, sort of made a greyish masonry color that really jives with the stone in the fireplace.
In the video it seems a bit lighter, but not much.
Inside it looks more grey/blue then anything else.

But.. I just love it. Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 07:26 pm
It looks great, shewolf. Congratulations.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 07:46 pm
Dancing naked is the best way to initiate a new living environment. Gets good spirits throbbing.

(Btw, I see that you took that other video off from that DropShots page after my PMd warning. I was already assuming you'd forgotten it was there! I wont tell anyone what it was.)

shewolfnm wrote:
Actually, yeah... I was playing some native drumming to help me relax and get a bit of strength in that place.
It really felt... "drunk angry"

I would not be surprised if the previous tennants were alcoholics, or there was some kind of abuse goin on in there.
It just felt horrible, crampy, and violent.

I know sorta kinda what you mean - not the same thing but - I think I kind of hurt my father last year. He had sold his house, moved into a much larger, rented house near my sister. Its at the end of a row of houses, so he only got a neighbour on one side, but it also means its kinda off from the little square its on, on a narrow pass-through to a playground. The houses on that square were built, I'm guessing, in the 60s or 70s (not my favourite style, houses from then always look a bit cheap and closed).

Its a comfy nice house, with a proper office on the attic floor; a bedroom, a small spare room and a small room he uses as his library on the middle floor; and a large room and open kitchen on the ground floor. Really nothing to be said against it. But I just had this really, unexplainable unpleasant feeling, from the moment I first walked in, and it really started to get to me.

It was different from what you describe, cause there was no trash, no broken doors, nothing like that. Just an absurd number of phone/internet connections - the previous resident was a guy who worked and ran a business from home, apparently, unclear what. Lived alone. There were also three very tall trees, two firs, that kinda screened the house from outside looks and made it dark, and 'drained' the soil of the small back garden into dry sand. Interior was very seventies - these dark brown tiles on the floor, things like that.

I dunno, nothing concrete. But I felt oppressed the moment I entered, like I could sense that there was a bad vibe - like - the only way I could explain it was like bad things had happened there or something. (And that's me talking, the total sceptic on anything thats not rationally explainable.)

It was kinda embarassing cause my father was very happy and of course I had to congratulate him and showed how happy I was for him, and my father is someone who will, like, ask five times, "do you like it?", ïs it good?", and "what do you think?" even if he's just cooked for you, so.. And I just had trouble not showing the tangible unease that crept over me. He noticed and I think he was quite upset.

I've never had that sensation before, like the real feeling of something lingering from bad things that had happened. Couldnt put my finger on it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Our home is complete. Wanna see ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:25:06