Jesus was a pedophile.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:25 pm
For one thing, it's under General forum. Jesus is a common name.
It is a tease.

Teasing is fine with me, I spent too many years worrying so much about offense that I kept quiet as a human. Now out of the world of religion, I remember some good people from when I was in it, and posted about one today. I think Kicky posted something serious in the same mode not all so long ago.

On teases and taunts and diatribes, well, I'll evaluate them one at a time, from whatever side of whatever coin. I've gone over the years from having an instinct to stifle to having an instinct to hear and speak freely, trying of course to avoid ad hominems.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:30 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
The title of this thread is misleading. Not a bash religion sort of thing.

Maybe not, but it's too late now. This thread's gone over like a big ol' lead balloon. When somebody else has to come on and explain that it's not what it looks like and it's really not that bad.....then it's already bombed.

He made a big mistake with the title. It just wasn't funny.

Well, I certainly wouldn't say it went over like a lead balloon.... most of us here understood where kicky was coming from and had fun with it.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:41 pm
Quote:
Jesus is a common name.

I'd have to disagree that it's a common name. I think when most people see the name Jesus, they think of "the Jesus."

I wouldn't, for instance, do a thread called, "Moses Was A Pedophile." Even though I'm not Jewish, there are many people out there who are -- and it might be hurtful and offensive to them. Why would I want to do that?

I also wouldn't go on the Religion Forum and bash the atheists there or say something that I know is going to be a "hot button" to them. They might not share my belief, but why bash and antagonize them?

If someone wants to make crude, crass comments while using the name of a religious figure, why not do it on the Religous Forum? Then you can go back and forth about it all you want to. But this isn't something I'd expect to see on the General Forum.

Quote:
It is a tease.

one that was in exceptionally bad taste. But that's just my opinion.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:43 pm
Stray Cat, take a pill.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
The title of this thread is misleading. Not a bash religion sort of thing.

Maybe not, but it's too late now. This thread's gone over like a big ol' lead balloon. When somebody else has to come on and explain that it's not what it looks like and it's really not that bad.....then it's already bombed.

He made a big mistake with the title. It just wasn't funny.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Just wondering...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:50 pm
Awww, now don't get mad and stomp off for another two months!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:54 pm
You should really learn not to take yourself, or me, for that matter, so seriously. I guess it's tough though, you being in love with me and all.

Now seriously, you didn't answer the question. Were you dropped on your head?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:57 pm
Kicky, I think you and I should participate in a Stray Cat sandwich and pound some sense into her.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:05 pm
Come on, guys. If we can put up with the likes of Kickys and Guses, we can live with the responses of a Stray Cat now and then.
After all, I too misunderstood the point of the thread because of the title, such as it was. Razz
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:05 pm
Come on, guys. If we can put up with the likes of Kickys and Guses, we can live with the responses of a Stray Cat now and then.
After all, I too misunderstood the point of the thread because of the title, such as it was. Razz
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:06 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Kicky, I think you and I should participate in a Stray Cat sandwich and pound some sense into her.

That is a great idea, Gus. I haven't shared a sandwich with you in quite a while. Do you want to slather her with the mayonnaise, or do you want me to do the honors?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:10 pm
Go ahead. I'll grab the transmission fluid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:13 pm
I've gotten more comfortable with "bad taste" than its opposite.
Though - I'll admit I didn't click on the thread right away, not looking at who posted it, and thinking is was one more nutcase posting.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:20 pm
A tidbit about the name 'Jesus' -
http://forum.wordreference.com/archive/index.php?t-118597.html
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:25 pm
Welcome back Kicky...nice to see ya!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:26 pm
Get out of the way, MMS! We are trying to pound Stray Cat.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:27 pm
Hey now! Even Edgar, an avowed atheist, thought the title of this thread was questionable from a humor standpoint.

Come on, Edgar! Back me up here!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:28 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Welcome back Kicky...nice to see ya!

Thanks! Nice to see you too! Want to help us pound some sense into Stray Cat here?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:29 pm
I'm in love with Edgar.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:33 pm
There, there, it's okay Stray Cat. Just lay down, relax and let me slather this mayonnaise all over your naked body...don't worry, we'll be gentle.

Gus, please hand me the blunt object.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 02:19:18