OCCOM BILL proves he can fly!

onyxelle

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 07:49 am
WOW - cool!!!

I'm so envious lol
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 07:55 am
I actually met Bill at the recent A2K gathering in Chicago. He really did not need to do this just to impress women! Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 08:56 pm
sozobe wrote:
I noticed the green and gold!

OK, naked is just psycho. I mean if nothing else, did he have some sort of inner layer to that whole harness thingie?

Yikes.
Nope. Stark raving naked. We lauged like hell when he landed on all 4 with a Jump Master on his back. Laughing Women who go in the buff get a free Video ($89 value) according to house rules.

Other important rules: Lose your rip cord and you have to buy a case of beer. No drinking on site until the sun goes down and the party begins.

sublime1 wrote:
I work Sat but if you are going Sunday, I could definitely make a trip to East Troy.

I have wanted to skydive for a long time but all my friends are either too broke or too chickenshit to do it. (No offense anyone.)
We have to postpone the jump, because I have an obligation in Cedarburg on Sunday. I'll let you know when we figure out a new date so you can plan accordingly. They'll likely want a deposit from a flatlander... so you will want to check your options out at skydiveMilwaukee.com. They are quite professional and pretty much the only game in town for us, anyway (sorry Craven). You can choose between 3 jumps for your first.

$135 for a static-line jump. Here they clip your chute to the aircraft so your cord is pulled automatically when you leave the plane at about at 3500 ft. Requires a 5 to 6 hour course to learn how to fix failed chutes, cut away if necessary, check for steerability, and learn the altitudes to make your turns so your final approach puts you on target (or close :wink:)

$195 for a Tandem jump. Here you need only watch a video and learn the most basic stuff, since there will be a pro strapped to your back doing all the work. Jump at 13,500 ft. Seems more like a ride to me.

$270 for the Accelerated Free Fall jump. (That's where it's at!) Here you jump out with 2 Certified Jump Masters who hang on to you throughout your almost 60 second Freefall from 13,500 ft to 5,000 ft when you pull your own cord and float for about 5 minutes, if all goes well. 6 to 8 hours of School to learn what to do if it doesn't. Plan on being there all day… and pay attention! Let me know if you're serious.

Bummer Phoenix. But it's never too late as long as you're in reasonably good shape and weigh under 230 Lbs (that's about safety equipment, not an indication of health). Didn't Bush Sr. Jump on his 80th Birthday? Yep, he did.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-06/14/xin_40060114075643714651.jpg
http://begalaconsulting.com/bushparachute.jpg
He also did an AFF at 75. That's guts.
http://www.joejennings.com/images2/Gb9.JPG
We have a 70 year old friend who plans to go on our next outing as well.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 09:16 pm
I'm too much of a pu$$y to do that. I'm not a big fan of heights.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 05:49 am
bill

That's pretty cool. I'm envious. But you really should have done it naked.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 01:19 pm
blatham wrote:
bill

Don't look forward to seeing that... unless it's a tandem with Brooklyn. :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 02:54 pm
Somehow, this seems the only appropriate thread to insert the Kenneth Starr Bong Hits 4 Jesus matter...

Quote:
Starr Appeals 'Bong Hits 4 Jesus' Case
E-MailPrint Save

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: August 29, 2006
Filed at 2:41 p.m. ET

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) -- Former Whitewater special counsel Kenneth Starr petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to take up Alaska's ''Bong Hits 4 Jesus'' case, a dispute involving a high school student, a banner and a tough school policy.

Starr, who gained national prominence while investigating former President Clinton's Whitewater land deal and relationship with Monica Lewinsky, filed the petition Monday on behalf of the Juneau School District in response to a March ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Bong-Hits-4-Jesus.html
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:06 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
blatham wrote:
bill

Don't look forward to seeing that... unless it's a tandem with Brooklyn. :wink:

Hmmmmmmm ..........

I'm thinkin that could be more than just a little fun. :wink:
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:15 am
Wow that's great. I've been thinking about joining a local club in the next couple of months, sounds like an amazing adrenaline rush. I remember an episode from a certain US comedy years back when they had to pretend the plane was going to crash to get the guy to jump out, takes a certain type of person I guess... Laughing
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:22 pm
Looks better than my landing.
We had the wind pick up midway through our jump, and I paid dearly when I became reaquainted with terra firma.
I didn't get knocked out....I just fell asleep for a bit.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:08 am
I think I figured out how to publish stuff to youtube (I'm no kid, you know). Anyway; the video of OCCOM BILL Skydiving should be available by clicking here. Damn, that was fun. Smile
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:24 am
Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

You didn't look like you hesitated at all! Of course at over 3,000 feet...hanging out the side of a plane and it's brrrrrrrr cold and your jumpmaster yells "jump!" is really not the time to decide ya don't wanna do it afterall Laughing

You did great .......awesome video. You do know that you have to do it again. It's in your blood now. :wink:
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:28 am
Bill,

I can't access your video at work. I will look at it as soon as I get home.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:28 am
Looks like a hoot Bill good onya
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:35 am
Bill- That was FABULOUS! Good for you! Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 09:41 am
Wow that's amazing. Did the guy who seperated from you at first do so on purpose? Love how he kind of just flies over to you guys.

Those instructors do it so casually. Standing outside the plane, then just kind of tosses you both out. I don't think I could do it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:02 am
Too cool. I'm in. Not naked, of course.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:24 am
Cool. But you missed that highway junction.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:40 am
JustBrooke wrote:
You do know that you have to do it again. It's in your blood now. :wink:
But of course... whenever you're ready, darlin. Sounds like Rockhead's in and I'll bet Sublime still wants to go too. You can teach me how to land without using my face, too. Embarrassed

Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bill- That was FABULOUS! Good for you! Very Happy
Thanks darlin and Dadpad. Was lots of fun.

Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Wow that's amazing. Did the guy who seperated from you at first do so on purpose?
Na. That was his first time acting as Jump Master (made his last qualifying jump earlier that day as a matter of fact) and he was late getting out of the plane. He's the reason we spun at first (that's definitely not part of the plan), and I think he let go when he realized he was the reason we couldn't straighten out.

Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Love how he kind of just flies over to you guys.
It is slick the way he slides back over so quickly... but no... he was supposed to have the same death grip that the lady had on me (she was crazy good, eh?). Had I lost them both, my instructions were to pull my chute immediately... even if I lost them at 13,000... presumably to give ground control that much extra time to talk me down and/or observe whether I had a steerable parachute etc.

Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Those instructors do it so casually. Standing outside the plane, then just kind of tosses you both out. I don't think I could do it.
Yup, the pro's are nuts. They land like 20 ft from the building where they pack their chutes. (the end of the video shows my camera guy running from the middle of the enormous circular cut landing area, to the edge where I missed it. Embarrassed

I'll grab a pic from the weather channel... it's that big Embarrassed :

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7272/skyknightslandingareayc8.jpg

Not by as much as you think, Walter. :wink:

Ps. I just noticed you can actually see the plane in the middle of the pic. Shocked
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:56 am
Cool! I am very envious! I did a tandem jump for my 30th birthday and I had the greatest time ever!
0 Replies