Joshua Geier: Another 12-year-old Murderer

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 02:57 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
D'artagnan--

One of the major problems with gun safety is that doting parents are prone to feel, "My child would Never.....and of course, boys will be boys.

Noddy, I don't disagree. My point is that this was a case where it was too easy for a kid to access a gun. It's not about teaching them about gun safety and then hope for the best. It's to make it impossible for kids to get their hands on the family arsenal. Period.
0 Replies

babygrl236

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 08:55 am
Noddy & Fishin'
Thank you for finding the information, but as I had said, I knew the family, and I live in the Lehigh Valley, so I have been following up on everything. I dont disagree with any of the points that anyone made, it is just that it upset me that everyone was blaming the parents. I know that they had to have something to do with it, but it still upset me. And that is because I knew Joshua personally, and I know that it was not only the parents fault. I definitely agree with the person who said that the problem should have been taken care of right away, because then maybe this could have been prevented, and then maybe it couldnt have, we will never know. I just hope that this story gets out to the parents who own guns, and hope and pray that they will realize that there is no need to have them in the first place, especially with children around. You never know what thy are capable of.
0 Replies

lisageier

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:56 pm
hii
hey people you dont know anything that happened that day you u werent there so y dont u just get a life!

i know everything that happened that day u guys that are posting crap KNOW NOTHING SO GET A LIFE
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:12 pm
And a hearty welcome to you, lisageier, if such you are.

I agree, if you have some involvement with a situation, media reports are very annoying to read, because they grasp so little of events, but I don't think this means people have no right to discuss issues.

Perhaps you may wish to comment on your views?
brittnik

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:13 pm
It was an accident!!!-from his sister's own words!
This was an accident, his younger sister, Lisa Geier told me the whole story she kept from everyone. And besides i trust her; she's my best friend, so she told me in her own words that this was an accident.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 11:25 pm
I think some people ARE just born rotten, like apples, as the previous analogy went. How do you explain families that have multiple kids and one is bad?

This kid should have been raised to adult court. His previous activities indicate serious problems. The shooting of his mother was the final straw, so far as a juvenile. Six months to four years for taking a life, intentionally?

You take someone's life, intentionally, and how could this have been an accident if he had to load the gun (fingerprints on the ammo, stealing his mother's key - get real), then you DO THE TIME. This kid is evil or disturbed or something.

This is so not normal. I don't care what HIS problems are - he left 3 innocent people to pick up the pieces and one person dead. He's GONE, in my mind. And I raised kids, and I don't think that 12 yrs old, in all cases, is juvenile. Some are very aware.

It sounds like this was a deliberate act and it was just a matter of WHO he was going to shoot.

Lock him up.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 06:21 am
Re: It was an accident!!!-from his sister's own words!
brittnik wrote:
This was an accident, his younger sister, Lisa Geier told me the whole story she kept from everyone. And besides i trust her; she's my best friend, so she told me in her own words that this was an accident.

So she intentionally lied to the police and courts?

I'd suggest you tread lightly with such comments before you get your friend Lisa sent away for perjury...
0 Replies

brittnik

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 02:39 pm
Re: It was an accident!!!-from his sister's own words!
fishin wrote:
brittnik wrote:

So she intentionally lied to the police and courts?

I'd suggest you tread lightly with such comments before you get your friend Lisa sent away for perjury...

She was fricken 9 at the time!!! So she probaly didn't know it was an accident....untill, she relized it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 04:02 pm
The fact is, 9-year-old Lisa WASN'T there when it happened. Her brother had locked her and his other sister in the shed.

In other words, she knows nothing except what she has been told by her brother, the police and perhaps others.

Josh got the key, unlocked the shed, chose a gun, loaded it, locked up potential witnesses who might have interfered, and shot his mother point blank in the face. Those are the facts. A remorseful adolescent (or one trying to avoid repercussions) may well have tried to convince his younger sibling(s) that it happened accidentally, but the facts speak for themselves.

If Lisa has any other facts, brittnik...not hearsay!...that have not been reported to the police and Josh's counselors, please encourage her to report them at once. It is never too late.

Frankly, I am worried that this boy may be out of custody by now.
0 Replies

brittnik

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 08:58 pm
Eva wrote:
The fact is, 9-year-old Lisa WASN'T there when it happened. Her brother had locked her and his other sister in the shed.

In other words, she knows nothing except what she has been told by her brother, the police and perhaps others.

Josh got the key, unlocked the shed, chose a gun, loaded it, locked up potential witnesses who might have interfered, and shot his mother point blank in the face. Those are the facts. A remorseful adolescent (or one trying to avoid repercussions) may well have tried to convince his younger sibling(s) that it happened accidentally, but the facts speak for themselves.

If Lisa has any other facts, brittnik...not hearsay!...that have not been reported to the police and Josh's counselors, please encourage her to report them at once. It is never too late.

Frankly, I am worried that this boy may be out of custody by now.

I know she was WASN'T directly there! Im not stupid. And just so you know he lives in the same house as Lisa does.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 09:27 pm
Well, if "she wasn't THERE directly", how the hell does she know if it was an accident or deliberate? And if "she was only fricken 9 at the time", what would she know really?

She was locked in a shed with her sister. Her brother murdered their mother. She would have been traumatized, who wouldn't? She would have been confused, scared, worried, sad, grief-stricken, etc. She was just a little girl.

She doesn't KNOW anything. She's heard things, from her brother, most likely, and maybe from other family, friends, tv.

Why did he lock her and her sister in the shed while he ACCIDENTALLY shot their mother???

Do you have an answer for that? Or does she?

The murdering brother is living back at home with Dad and the two kids?

Good bloody grief!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 09:36 pm
My sis and her family live round the corner from a local "famous" kid...

He killed his principle in Jr High, and wounded many others.

He's still "not quite right"...

RH
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 06:06 am
Mame wrote:
Why did he lock her and her sister in the shed while he ACCIDENTALLY shot their mother???

It was probably an accident.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 06:57 am
In the case of true psychopaths, there's rally nothing any parent can do. Robert Hare's "Without Conscience" is likely the best book on the topic available to the layman. Hare says there's no such thing as a parent of a psychopath child who wouldn't be happy to hand the kid over to some government agency at age seven or eight.
0 Replies

brittnik

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:05 pm
Mame wrote:
Well, if "she wasn't THERE directly", how the hell does she know if it was an accident or deliberate? And if "she was only fricken 9 at the time", what would she know really?

She was locked in a shed with her sister. Her brother murdered their mother. She would have been traumatized, who wouldn't? She would have been confused, scared, worried, sad, grief-stricken, etc. She was just a little girl.

She doesn't KNOW anything. She's heard things, from her brother, most likely, and maybe from other family, friends, tv.

The murdering brother is living back at home with Dad and the two kids?

Good bloody grief!

He locked them up so they wouldn't get hurt, accidentally, by him. The safety trigger of the gun wasn't on, so put it in words that Lisa told me, "he wanted to show my mom the gun, but she was on the phone, so he accidentally pulled the trigger not know the safety trigger wasn't on." That's what she told me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:55 pm
Well brittnik, sometimes it is easier to live with a lie than with the
truth, and I think this is the case with your friend Lisa here. The truth
is quite different, otherwise Josh wouldn't be locked up if it was
an accident indeed.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:11 pm
brittnik wrote:
He locked them up so they wouldn't get hurt, accidentally, by him. The safety trigger of the gun wasn't on, so put it in words that Lisa told me, "he wanted to show my mom the gun, but she was on the phone, so he accidentally pulled the trigger not know the safety trigger wasn't on." That's what she told me.

This doesn't make any sense at all.

Why would he worry about hurting his sisters accidentally if he thought the safety was on? Why would he worry about his siblings' safety, but not his own...or his mother's? And why would he pull the trigger if he thought the safety was on? (The gun wouldn't do anything at all.)

I agree with Mame, the police, the prosecutors and the judge. This sounds exactly like the sort of half-baked excuse a guilty-but-scared 12 year old boy would come up with. Only a 9 year old sister who desperately doesn't want to believe her big brother is capable of murder would believe a story like that.

C'mon, brittnik. If someone told you a story like this, and it was about people you didn't know, you wouldn't believe it either. It just isn't plausible.
0 Replies

LostGirl811

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:23 am
gungasnake wrote:
In the case of true psychopaths, there's rally nothing any parent can do. Robert Hare's "Without Conscience" is likely the best book on the topic available to the layman. Hare says there's no such thing as a parent of a psychopath child who wouldn't be happy to hand the kid over to some government agency at age seven or eight.

It's true. This kid is, sadly, probably an anti-social personality, a sociopath, with a surface conception of what society deems wrong, but a personal inability to acknowledge these acts as truly "wrong". Kind of like, well, I know everyone else thinks killing someone is wrong, but I really don't see why and so that ideal does not apply to me. These type of people, from the age of children, have no emotion, no compassion, no sense of love, not like other people. The funny thing is that these sociopaths, on the outside, to others, appear to be rather charming, intelligent, sociable people much of the time, capable of going out, having fun, laughing, being sexually attracted to other people, but as far as emotions go, they can't really love anyone.

If it is true that this kid did all those things before, such as shooting the girl with a BB gun, threatening another boy with a gun, crashing the family van at ten years old, I am aghast that he was not put into counseling immediately. Sadly it is unlikely he would ever be "normal", but at least monitoring him might have given SOME insight into what he was thinking, so that it could have SOME chance of being interceded by someone. This is absolutely in no way a case of mental illness in which the person did not know right from wrong. As can be seen in the results of the boy's "gun safety course" test, he was fully aware how to handle a gun, that it was bad to even point one at someone, and he did it anyway, more than once, except the last time he killed someone instead of just threatening them.

People do not give enough credit to children. Yes, an 8 year old may not know how to safely handle a gun, but even most 8 year olds know from a young age that "guns are bad". I am only 25, but I do remember being 12 and 13 years old, and I sure as hell knew damn well that pointing a gun at someone and loading it with bullets and pulling the trigger would hurt or kill someone. Children make stupid decisions, but that doesn't mean they don't know what is wrong. A 12 year old is far from a small child such as a 5 year old who genuinly could think a gun was a toy.

Absolutely this boy should have been treated as an adult in trial. Six months of "therapy" in a juvenile hall is bulls**t and worthless. He needs a lifetime of therapy. Like I said, sociopaths are charming people normally, and have a way with words, and are very good at making people believe what they want. He will be relieased from juvenile hall in no time, and I guarantee you, he will hurt someone else before he dies.

I pity his family and anyone else he comes into contact with.
0 Replies

ladiesman106313

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:16 pm
josh geier didnt shoot his mother. This boy is an innocent person and he didnt shoot nobody. So why dont all of you people shut the hell up because you dont know anything. You dont know these people so dont act like you do. But I swear to you, Josh Geier did not shoot his moter.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:11 pm
Oy, another one coming out from under the woodwork. Next thing
you're telling us that she shot herself.