Help with a crazy riddle/trivia question

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 05:02 am
Any help on this one would greatly be appreciated. This if from a trivia contest I am working on and I am at a dead end with it. Confused

It could've been 15th. It's certainly 40. And when measured end to end it's definitely 1st. In what four cities does it lie?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 940 • Replies: 4
No top replies

whiteviolet

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 04:52 pm
No atlas available at present but cd it be to do with latitude and longitude?
0 Replies

riversun

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:20 pm
answer found
thanks for the help, I found the answer but didn't have to with latitude.
0 Replies

whiteviolet

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 01:16 pm
What is the answer, please?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 03:09 pm
The answer maybe:

Colfax Avenue is the main street that runs east and west through the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area in Colorado. As U.S. Highway 40, it was the principal highway serving Denver before the Interstate Highway System was constructed. In the local street system, it lies 15 blocks north of the zero meridian, and thus would otherwise be known as "15th Avenue". the 26-mile length of the street makes it the longest. However, the street was named for the 19th-century politician Schuyler Colfax. On the east it passes through the cities of Aurora, then Denver, and on the west, through Lakewood. Colfax Avenue cuts through Original Aurora, the city's historic core, and skirts the southern edge of downtown Denver. Because of the dense, mixed-use character of the development along Colfax Avenue, the Regional Transportation District bus route 15 - East Colfax has the highest ridership in the RTD system. In 2006, the first Colorado Colfax Marathon was held, traversing the length of Colfax Avenue through the three cities. (Check the map, it may be four)
0 Replies