Are You Romantic?

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
I'm one of those hopeless romantics and was curious to know how many of you are as well.

Come on in, pull up a chair and tell me all about it :-D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,581 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:29 pm
I too am a hopeless romantic. Nobody seems to want to do the romance thing any more and I thinks it's sad.

x
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
I won't take time for details etc., etc. However, I have to admit to being a romantic. There, I said it and I am glad.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:32 pm
?????

It's taking time for the details that IS romantic!

Silly guy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
I'm actually very romantic, despite some confusion about it on another thread. Will post when I recover my wits.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:36 pm
I suspect that there are a lot of different definitions of romance.

Maybe you could tell us what it means to you, Montana, cuz we could be saying that we're also romantics but have entirely different interpretations of the word.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:03 pm
I guess my first post was very short and without much substance. I indicated that I consider myself a romantic, but did not elaborate on why I feel this way.

It is hard to describe romance. To some, romance may simply mean that they like to have dinner by candlelight. Others may think it is cuddling after a night of torrid lovemaking. Others may not have a clue, but think it is cool to say that they are romantic.

My romantic nature starts with my birthdate, February 14th. The date in itself may not be romantic, but the significance of the date is the basis for many a romance.

For me, being romantic is more that being born on a significant day or sending roses on special occasions. Though, I do that.

Romance, to me, is thinking ahead so that I don't do something stupid when I am in the company of someone special of the opposite gender. It is doing things that I, if I were a woman, would probably like done for me. Trying to anticipate the needs and wants of my lady love. Both sexually, and in any other setting.

Making her feel special makes me feel special. Not to say that I want to become subservient, but I want to put the lady in a place that makes her anticipate what I may do next.

The small things are more important than many men realize. It is not necessarily the big flashy cars and expensive dinners. It is the genuine interest that is shown and comfortably portrayed. When it becomes effort to provide the little things, it is no longer romantic.

A walk in the moonlight; a stroll in the snow; a single flower for no reason; a glass of wine on the beach....these are romantic. These are things that I enjoy and these are the things that can be shared with a special someone.

Remembering a birthday; a first song; a favourite movie; the first date.....These are romantic.

I think I will end now as I am getting a bit emotional........
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:23 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I too am a hopeless romantic. Nobody seems to want to do the romance thing any more and I thinks it's sad.

x

I hear ya DP, but I refuse to give up hope, so hang in there with me ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:24 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I'm actually very romantic, despite some confusion about it on another thread. Will post when I recover my wits.

I get you now, Osso Laughing

Sorry for the misunderstanging on the other thread. I think I lost myself in there Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I suspect that there are a lot of different definitions of romance.

Maybe you could tell us what it means to you, Montana, cuz we could be saying that we're also romantics but have entirely different interpretations of the word.

Intrepid just described my definitions of what romance is to me. The man truly has it down pat ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I guess my first post was very short and without much substance. I indicated that I consider myself a romantic, but did not elaborate on why I feel this way.

It is hard to describe romance. To some, romance may simply mean that they like to have dinner by candlelight. Others may think it is cuddling after a night of torrid lovemaking. Others may not have a clue, but think it is cool to say that they are romantic.

My romantic nature starts with my birthdate, February 14th. The date in itself may not be romantic, but the significance of the date is the basis for many a romance.

For me, being romantic is more that being born on a significant day or sending roses on special occasions. Though, I do that.

Romance, to me, is thinking ahead so that I don't do something stupid when I am in the company of someone special of the opposite gender. It is doing things that I, if I were a woman, would probably like done for me. Trying to anticipate the needs and wants of my lady love. Both sexually, and in any other setting.

Making her feel special makes me feel special. Not to say that I want to become subservient, but I want to put the lady in a place that makes her anticipate what I may do next.

The small things are more important than many men realize. It is not necessarily the big flashy cars and expensive dinners. It is the genuine interest that is shown and comfortably portrayed. When it becomes effort to provide the little things, it is no longer romantic.

A walk in the moonlight; a stroll in the snow; a single flower for no reason; a glass of wine on the beach....these are romantic. These are things that I enjoy and these are the things that can be shared with a special someone.

Remembering a birthday; a first song; a favourite movie; the first date.....These are romantic.

I think I will end now as I am getting a bit emotional........

Thank you so much for giving me hope, Intrepid. You took my breath away and I'm so relieved that men like yourself still exist :-D

<sigh>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:33 pm
i described myself to a close female friend as a copeless romantic

i'm not much for the mushy crap
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:41 pm
One of my ex's use to occationally leave me little notes around the house saying "I love you", "You're beautiful", etc and he'd do all kinds of sweet stuff. We did the moonlight walks on the beach, held hands, brought me that occational flower for no reason and it made me feel so special.
I've been with other guys who did little things at first, but they suddenly stopped and I could never understand why, because I didn't stop.
I did everything in my power to keep the romance alive, but it seems that the novelty just wore off for them and they lost interest.
I've known couples who have been together for 50 years who haven't lost interest, so I know it's happening somewhere, just not here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:42 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i described myself to a close female friend as a copeless romantic

i'm not much for the mushy crap

I know not all women are. I sometimes wish I wasn't either.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:14 pm
Things I've done in past relationships ....

Called the radio station and requested our favorite song to be played on the radio on his way to work.

Been the one to draw the bubble bath (for both of us) and pampered every square inch of his body. :wink:

Thought up new things to do in the bedroom so he never got bored. They say that variety is the spice of life. I would make sure I was all the variety he needed. Twisted Evil

I love to hold hands. He would find me holding his a lot when we were out and about.

I'm not an overly predictable person. Meaning that there is a part of me that is pretty adventurous. I would always be trying new things with him. The first time I ever jumped out of an airplane was the summer after I graduated high school. The guy I was dating at that time loved skydiving. I was petrified! Shocked But the thrill of it all, going down was an awesome adrenaline rush.

Fixing his favorite meal .... turning all the lights out and lighting candles all over the house and greeting him at the door .... naked. Then sitting in his lap and hand feeding him s-l-o-w-l-y (between long, slow, kisses)

Being romantic keeps you close to each other. You just need to know how to balance everything out so no one feels suffocated. And both, eagerly await the others arms and the end of the day.

*sighs*
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:15 pm
whooooo....I guess I should get my husband in here, he's the romantic one.

I tell him I love him every day, and mean it, and he does the same.....and I guess once in a blue moon I like to get flowers, if it's been a few months or something.

I appreciate when he has dinner started when I come home, and say "ooooooo, that was soooo sweet" but in truth, he knows how to make 2 things, and I don't like either.

But, I appreciate he was thinking of me, and eat it and say it was so good.

I'm the worlds worst for remembering dates of any kind. I can barely remember my own birthday. He understands this and every year on the calander marks his birthday for me so I'll remember.

I still can't remember what year he was born in.

My husband is very chivilrious, in the true meaning, and I very much appreciate it, and I go out of my way for him, and enjoy it.

But as far as cards and trinkets....I can't stand that stuff. He's stopped with the trinkets at least.

On my birthday or VD day or whatever, I'll get this card with some long poem in it..mush mush mush....I just sort of look at the inside of the card for about 30 seconds. It's never occured to me to actually read the poem. Then I say "Oh, you're such a wonderful husband! and give him a big kiss" So I guess if being romantic is not calling to his attention I haven't read the inside of a card of his for 15 years, then I'm romantic.

He sends cards to everyone.

I can't figure that out.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:36 pm
Like, poems that he wrote or copied himself, or those pre-printed cards?

Cant stand those pre-printed cards...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
squinney wrote:
?????

It's taking time for the details that IS romantic!

Silly guy!

<giggle>

That was a brilliant response, squinney!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:24 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Things I've done in past relationships ....

Called the radio station and requested our favorite song to be played on the radio on his way to work.

Been the one to draw the bubble bath (for both of us) and pampered every square inch of his body. :wink:

Thought up new things to do in the bedroom so he never got bored. They say that variety is the spice of life. I would make sure I was all the variety he needed. Twisted Evil

I love to hold hands. He would find me holding his a lot when we were out and about.

I'm not an overly predictable person. Meaning that there is a part of me that is pretty adventurous. I would always be trying new things with him. The first time I ever jumped out of an airplane was the summer after I graduated high school. The guy I was dating at that time loved skydiving. I was petrified! Shocked But the thrill of it all, going down was an awesome adrenaline rush.

Fixing his favorite meal .... turning all the lights out and lighting candles all over the house and greeting him at the door .... naked. Then sitting in his lap and hand feeding him s-l-o-w-l-y (between long, slow, kisses)

Being romantic keeps you close to each other. You just need to know how to balance everything out so no one feels suffocated. And both, eagerly await the others arms and the end of the day.

*sighs*

Ohhhhh, double sigh!!!!!!!

Tripple sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy!!!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:25 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
whooooo....I guess I should get my husband in here, he's the romantic one.

I tell him I love him every day, and mean it, and he does the same.....and I guess once in a blue moon I like to get flowers, if it's been a few months or something.

I appreciate when he has dinner started when I come home, and say "ooooooo, that was soooo sweet" but in truth, he knows how to make 2 things, and I don't like either.

But, I appreciate he was thinking of me, and eat it and say it was so good.

I'm the worlds worst for remembering dates of any kind. I can barely remember my own birthday. He understands this and every year on the calander marks his birthday for me so I'll remember.

I still can't remember what year he was born in.

My husband is very chivilrious, in the true meaning, and I very much appreciate it, and I go out of my way for him, and enjoy it.

But as far as cards and trinkets....I can't stand that stuff. He's stopped with the trinkets at least.

On my birthday or VD day or whatever, I'll get this card with some long poem in it..mush mush mush....I just sort of look at the inside of the card for about 30 seconds. It's never occured to me to actually read the poem. Then I say "Oh, you're such a wonderful husband! and give him a big kiss" So I guess if being romantic is not calling to his attention I haven't read the inside of a card of his for 15 years, then I'm romantic.

He sends cards to everyone.

I can't figure that out.

Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about :-D

I'll take one of those to go, please!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are You Romantic?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:42:01