Are You Romantic?

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:27 pm
cyphercat wrote:
squinney wrote:
?????

It's taking time for the details that IS romantic!

Silly guy!

<giggle>

That was a brilliant response, squinney!

Yeah, she doesn't miss a beat Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 04:17 am
nimh wrote:
Like, poems that he wrote or copied himself, or those pre-printed cards?

Cant stand those pre-printed cards...

wouldn't matter if it were either....I just came seem to read a poem. can't get past the 2nd line without my eyes glazing over and my mind blanking out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 04:32 am
Well, Montana. Many folks get a bit confused about the word "romance". I love H.H. Munro's short story, "The Open Window." The last line says it for me. "Romance at short notice was her speciality", meaning the girl was a creative liar. Razz

Perhaps that IS what "hopeless romantic" means.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:25 am
Hey Letty :-D

You may be right. I always thought romance was thought the same by all, but I learn something new every day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:52 am
My first lover used to write me short poems in chemistry class. I was thrilled. My husband used to recite irish poetry to me. I loved it. But, mostly, I think romance is not a matter of flowers and poems and candlelight. It's continued awareness of the other, shown thoughtfulness.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:02 am
You seem to be in agreement with many of us, ossobuco.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:18 am
Quote:
It's continued awareness of the other, shown thoughtfulness.

Well said Osso...

Its sitting on the couch every evening rubbing each others feet, or holding hands while we watch tv...that kiss I get when he comes home from work in the afternoon.

I do have to admit, that it wasn't there before. When he got sick this past fall and just about died, it changed his perspective on our marriage so much so, its unreal. In 19 years of marriage, I've never been happier. I wouldn't wish any harm on anyone, but I think some people need a dose of fleeting reality to hit home with them on what they have in their relationships to make them more appreciative, more loving and tender. I know it did him.......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:10 pm
Used to be a hopeless romantic .... but then I came to my senses! Now I'm a hard-headed woman! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
It's continued awareness of the other, shown thoughtfulness.

This says it all to me.

Back in the days of Abuzz, I once posted that the most romantic gift I'd ever received was a pry-bar. It was absolute evidence that someone had been listening to me.

Keep the flowers and poems, just listen and respond to what I'm saying (for my type of romance).
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:26 pm
I like that song msolga: Hard headed Woman - Cat Stevens

I want to marry Intrepid...

I am a romantic who pretends not to be - I have never had someone play a song on the radio for me! I'm sure it would make me cry...

I always listen to Sunday Love Songs on radio 2 - it re-affirms my faith in human nature to hear hear men and women professing love for each other and saying things like 'they are my best friend'. Makes me go all mushy (but only in private).

I've had flowers delivered to where I work on my birthday once (5 years ago).

I was even proposed to, next to a litter bin, at a motorway services on the M5...

smorgs (sniff)

on the shelf
washed up
unwanted
can't whistle
need glasses for reading
need glasses for generally seeing things
can't sing in tune
I'm troubled with sciatica
due a flare-up of piles anytime now

Life just keeps getting better...

Must go and attend to wrist slashing...
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
eh Beth Wrote: [quote]This says it all to me.

Back in the days of Abuzz, I once posted that the most romantic gift I'd ever received was a pry-bar. It was absolute evidence that someone had been listening to me.[/quote]

HA! That made me think of the time my husband bought me a 400.00 Industrial Drimmel Tool & Set. Had all the bells ~N~ whistles...nice. I remember how proud he was of himself when he come through to door and handed me the tool box/set...and why he bought it for me...LOL I was of course, very appreciative of it....

Umm, errr...he bought it for me to do acrylic nails....LOL But he was listening!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are You Romantic?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 03:24:58