Reverse Convertible Securities.

Thomas

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:09 am
JPB wrote:
jesus, how old are you two?

I think they belong to the generation who used to sing things like "everybody must get stoned", "come on baby light my fire", and "oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz". Which pretty much sums up the relationship between Dys and cjhsa.

Not that I'm judgmental or anything.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:17 am
I'm ready to pay for their hotel room.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:18 am
Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:03 am
JPB wrote:
I'm ready to pay for their hotel room.

Get one with a long sight line, please.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
so perhaps we can get back to the topic, this week I am doing some profit-taking and lowering my stake in Blue Chips/Index funds and Mutual funds and will use the funds to purchase from 4/6 more reverse convertible notes.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:17 pm
What is there left to talk about? You already made your decision. Personally, I doubt very much it's a good bet that the stock market won't go down and the issuer won't pay you back in devalued stocks. But I've been wrong the last time I warned you, so I could easily be wrong again.
0 Replies

Holydean

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:59 pm
@dyslexia,
A convertible bond might not be a bad idea right now, rather than see a high interest rate it might be best to offer convertibility features. Some investors really like reverse convertible securities,... but what's the point? Wouldn't they feel more secure with an asset-backed bond? -- Taylor Moffitt of Holydean
roger

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 07:21 pm
@Holydean,
Didn't GM bond holders have asset backed bonds?
0 Replies