Lovatts BIG August. Demon. 10d

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:57 pm
First. Air Force plane's identifying logo. Can anyone help please.

Second. How can I see crossword questions from other people? Sometimes I feel I am the only one asking questions.
Willywagtail
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 672 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ftlocks

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:04 pm
the answer you want is roundel

I find that i just go to trivia and word games and then look for lovatts in the subject line. or nay of the crossword names, like demon, stinker,
baffler
Cheers
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8804/roundeluk6.png
Hi willywagtail. Just verifying ftlocks answer, this is what a roundel looks like.
0 Replies

willywagtail

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:42 pm
Lovatts demon
Thanks for that ftlocks.

Hi Dutchy, very informative picture. Don't see many of them around the place.
I sometimes think I am the only one asking questions because I only ever see my query there. Does anyone else ask for help? I can't be the only dumb mutt around. Rolling Eyes
willywagtail
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:11 pm
Hi willywagtail,

There are always plenty of people who get stuck on a particular clue. If you scroll down to previous pages on the Trivia menu you will find them by the dozen.

The fact that experts such as Dutchy and Butterfly are so quick to assist means that the thread drops to the bottom of the page very rapidly and soon seems to disappear. And of course, they are not the only ones - there are so many helpful people - most of whom at one time or another have asked for help and sometimes still get stuck.

The beauty of it is that even non-puzzlers are keen to help out.

Don't think of yourself as being a "dumb mutt" - it is probably more a case of "great minds think alike".

- Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :wink:
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:14 pm
Hi willywagtail.

Don't call yourself a dumb mutt, the fact that your tackling Lovatts puzzlesshows you are an intelligent woman. Smile

If you go to the "Trivia and word games" thread from a2k and scroll down you will find plenty of others who asks similar questions to yours.

Now, feel any better?

regards Dutchy.
0 Replies

willywagtail

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 01:57 am
From an intelligent woman
I have up dated my status. After all, I did do the CRYPTIC all on my own, well me and my trusty electronic thesaurus. Thanks to you both for encouragement. Smile
WW

If this comes out funny looking its because I have been experimenting with all the icons above.
0 Replies