can't figure out error message

dov1953

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 11:42 pm
Mad I have downloaded and uninstalled Kazaa Media Desktop (an mp3 downloader) 3 times and each time I get an error window that says "an error has occured......Do you want to continue to run scripts on this page?". I don't know what scripts are, and why does this problem keep happening. I click yes or no and either way the error window keeps coming back every two minutes or so. Thank you if anyone has any idea and I'd be grateful for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,433 • Replies: 7
No top replies

LibertyD

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 08:40 am
Have you contacted their help desk? It could be a problem with their page. Also, you might want to check your Java settings and make sure they're all checked (tools/internet options/advanced).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:00 am
Where did you get it?

There are many Kazaa versions around. Some are altered to the point of being dangerous.
0 Replies

dov1953

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:40 am
I looked up Kazaa Media Desktop on Google. The first one I came to that said free I downloaded. I have since found a small program called QuickKaz that resets every download you're trying to download every 30 seconds. The volume of files in such a short time is amazing. For the first time I have had to actually shut down the program and restart it so the completed downloads would no longer be listed. This is really a cosmetic step but it gives me a kick to see the list shorten so fast. I still get the error window but it doesn't seem to be a problem but I'd like to get it to stop.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:14 am
Running scripts is sometomes dangerous. And I do not think it is related with Java. Java does not usually run a script.
Javascript is totally different from Java.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:28 am
dov, you should uninstall that version and download from Kazaa.com. It's also free and it's the real thing. I use Kazaa and haven't had any problems like you've described -- it's actually very easy and shouldn't give you any problems at all.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:09 am
He did get it from Kazaa.com.

So he got the one full of adware and spyware.

He should get the Kazaalite version. http://www.kazaalite.tk/

dov,

If you want to just block their start page do this:

Open your HOST file (you will have to choose to open it with notepad)

If you use Windows 95/98 or Me you can find it in c:\windows\

If you use NT/2000 or XP you can find it in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc

Then add this to the end of the file:

Code:# KaZaA related:

127.0.0.1 desktop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.altnetp2p.com
127.0.0.1 alpha.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 shop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.bonzi.com
127.0.0.1 www.brilliantdigital.com
127.0.0.1 www.b3d.com
127.0.0.1 media.altnet.com
127.0.0.1 www.altnet.com
127.0.0.1 dev.bde.com.au
127.0.0.1 update.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 bravo.kazaa.com

Now those domains will be blocked. You will be routing them to "localhost" (your own puter) and that should kill the javascript errors.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:19 am
Dov, there's no need to restart the program to take your downloaded files off the list. Right-click any of the files in your traffic list & click Clear Downloaded And Erroneous.
0 Replies