Europe's first "Masturbate-a-thon"

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 12:56 pm
Honestly, I didn't make this up! Laughing

Charity wants people to lend a hand...

LONDON (Reuters) - Hundreds of Britons are being urged to attend what is being branded as Europe's first "Masturbate-a-thon," a leading British reproductive healthcare charity said Friday.

Marie Stopes International, which is hosting the event with HIV/AIDS charity the Terrence Higgins Trust, said it expected up to 200 people to attend the sponsored masturbation session in Clerkenwell, central London, Saturday.

"It is a bit of a publicity stunt but we hope it will raise awareness," a Marie Stopes spokeswoman told Reuters.

"We want to get people talking about safer sex, masturbation and to lift taboos."

Participants, who have to be over 18, can bring any aids they need and can take part in four different rooms -- a comfort area, a mixed area, along with men and women only areas.

However, the rules on the event's Web site states there can be no touching of other participants nor are people allowed to fake orgasms.

"The amount you raise will be determined by how many minutes you masturbate and/or how many orgasms you achieve," the Web site said.

The Marie Stopes spokeswoman said local religious groups had been initially outraged, but after people had heard what the event was about, most had approved it.

Police had also given it their approval.

Similar events have been staged in San Francisco for the last six years raising $25,000 for women's health initiatives and HIV prevention. If successful, Marie Stopes said it could take place elsewhere in mainland Europe next year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,410 • Replies: 42
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:12 pm
So this is where Ellpus, Steve4001 and McTag went.

(should have known)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
I shouldn't think they would admit those three in view of -

Quote:
"The amount you raise will be determined by how many minutes you masturbate and/or how many orgasms you achieve," the Web site said.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:38 pm
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised...but I was. I was raised during the "guilt years" of '40-60's... excuse me...trying to catch my breath.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:40 pm
Well, if it is for a charitable cause, they might sustain it longer...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:49 pm
And don't forget....it's all for a good cause! :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:53 pm
Sponsored or not: masturbating is always for a good cause. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:57 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing good point!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:08 pm
mmmm

Another masturbation thread - how do I always manage to end up on these things... and then catch up with calam, who always seems to be there already...

(Ahem) I am away this weekend too...

x
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:12 pm
Have a great weekend, Sarah. I hope it is for a good cause Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:14 pm
...I'm filing my nails as we speak :wink:

You too, calam

x
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:40 pm
Pictures! Come back with pictures, please! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:44 pm
somebody should tell spendi. After all. this way he could get some money for doing what he does around here for free.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:48 pm
What a bunch of wankers!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:52 pm
farmerman wrote:
somebody should tell spendi. After all. this way he could get some money for doing what he does around here for free.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

[busting a gut]
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:57 pm
smorgs wrote:
...I'm filing my nails as we speak :wink:
x

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 05:11 pm
Wow!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 05:11 pm
Masturbate-a-thon 2006

Quote:
Once you are settled in we will assign a monitor to you. They will maintain your time sheet and determine minutes for your sponsors. If you would like to be considered for the "Most Orgasms" category please inform your monitor. Monitors are trained and will not be embarrassed by anything they witness in the rooms. Also - monitors are NOT voyeurs, so will not be watching you directly as you masturbate, but merely remaining at a discreet distance and recording the time you take for your sponsorship form. [..]

Before you leave you will need to go to the authorisation desk, where your sponsorship form will be officially rubber stamped, noting any special details, such as time spent masturbating or number of orgasms.

Shocked

Officially rubber-stamped timesheet sex?

Quote:
At the Masturbate-a-thon, participants get loved ones to sponsor them for a certain amount of money for every minute they masturbate during the Masturbate-A-Thon, the number of orgasms they achieve or simply for having the courage to turn up and take part! Some participants have vowed to beat the US record for masturbation of 8 hours and 32 minutes, set by a man at a previous Masturbate-a-thon event in the USA.

Was it Slappy - or Kicky?

Quote:
Over 250 people have registered their intention to take part
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
littlek wrote:
Wow!

I'm surprised Kris didn't show a bit more excitement than this. Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
What I want to know Cal, seeing as how you are a veteran on this thread, is how they police with scientific integrity this-

Quote:
nor are people allowed to fake orgasms.

with regard to any ladies who turn up. The gents are easy.

I would risk sponsoring the three gentlemen you mentioned at £1 an hour and double for seconds but I'm not sure I would sponsor a lady.

How do they adjudicate on ladies.

A famous lesbian French writer, Colette she styled herself as, had electrodes fixed to her partners body to see if she could be sure that all the ooohing and aahing was genuine.

Can you provide us with the definitive science. After all you are an advocate of science I gather.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Europe's first "Masturbate-a-thon"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 06:00:41