I Don't Know You...But You've Been Here Before

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 12:43 pm
I stopped into a forum I don't normally stop in...the Trivia and Games forum. And I decided, what the hell, I'll play one. And I thought, why not play "Post About the One Before You" and there was someone there who had a few thousand posts who I'd never even seen before. Shocked Where had I been?

And it got me thinking...isn't it amazing how the blinders go on and we stay in our little comfort zone and don't notice so much around us sometimes? The fact that I hadn't even SEEN this person around says I need to get out more. I mean, sure maybe they frequent forums and threads I don't normally frequent. I'd rather talk silly talk and whatnot in the humor, general or R&M forums with my Grrl Power group, or slap it around with Gus and Slappy. But then I thought: Could it be that I am a clique-ie person? I wonder if I should maybe do something completely insane, like not post in my normal places for one week.

I might actually meet some new people. Not that I don't love those I spend 8 hours a day with now (except for maybe Shewolf) but I have to wonder, who else is out there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,771 • Replies: 43
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 12:45 pm
the boss talks about microcosms
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:03 pm
Re: I Don't Know You...But You've Been Here Before
Bella Dea wrote:
And it got me thinking...isn't it amazing how the blinders go on and we stay in our little comfort zone and don't notice so much around us sometimes?

I know I'm guilty of that. I think there's a lot of "it" about though.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:23 pm
who are you people?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:24 pm
What?

Who?

Where am I?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:25 pm
You're just having a sugar low....

go eat a cheesecake.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:26 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You're just having a sugar low....

go eat a cheesecake.

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......thanks for adding that to my list of cravings.

Confused
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:36 pm
I think our avatars look alike when next to each other.

Seriously though, yeah, I tend to hang out on the "having fun" stuff but I have been making an effort to read and understand some of the more serious stuff.

Problem is, it's like being dropped in the middle.

For instance, I don't and never will have any interest in politics....that said, I'm not completely vacuous, and sometimes see a thread on a current event that I think...yeah, I've been wondering about that....

I'll understand a little, but very quickly become lost. I'll want to ask or say something, but it would sound like a 4 year old in a room of adults. Also, because I don't know the people there, I can't tell what's really being said.

OK.....I feel like making a true confession here....and I'm gonna name names, but only because I'm hoping it will open a door so I can understand them better.

As far as the ladies...sometimes I really can't figure out what dlowan, ehbeth and heeven are talking about. For a long time now, I'll read posts that others are responding to in kind...I know they are kidding around...but have no idea what the subject is, or what the humor is supposed to be about. So, I'll go back a few pages to see if I can pick up the gist...but I'm left scrathing my head.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:43 pm
why are you guys here?
where the **** did you come from?
what do you want from me?

im telling.........
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:45 pm
Oh Chai.. I feel ya ........ I really do.

I too will never 'post' in politics.. but I take a gander every now and then.

I would , sometimes , love to be taken seriously when I post about something that means alot to me...

but I have to take what I have delt myself, and that is the class clown.

With that, I keep to myself in the funny silly threads and only venture out when my hand is pulled by someone.

So here I sit
all broken hearted
came to ****
but only farted
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:47 pm
You should post more on the Original Writing and Poetry threads!!

That was intense!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:59 pm
Hi, my name is Ti. I joined this site to exchange ideas about history, literature and maybe a little philosophy. Instead, posting history shows that I got sucked into the humour threads, Where Am I? (so very appropriate most days), general stuff. I've even (horrors!) found myself on relationships and parenting threads, fcs.

Confused
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:02 pm
you need help............
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:08 pm
see tico...you probably don't even know me, but I like you SO much!

when ever I see you have posted, I make sure I pay attention.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:11 pm
I try to check my facts with Tico prior to each post. Sometimes, she's too busy. That makes me very sad and unsure of myself.

<sigh>

<wistfully thinks of Tico's voluminous, wrinkly brain>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:15 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
who are you people?

We're your patients, remember?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:19 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
only venture out when my hand is pulled by someone.

Is that anything like asking someone to pull your finger and have your pants explode? Laughing
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:23 pm
I thought we had totally exhausted the lady fart thing.

Took a quick look at my personal posting history and I see way too many posts in the Human Interest category. pfffffffffffffffft! I'm not even interested in humans.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:25 pm
This is sooo not good for my MPS.

I tend to browse a lot of the forum sections. Humor and Trivia, Politics (a bit), Philosophy and debate (A lot), Religion and Spirituality (alot), orignal art and writing, History, sometimes parenting and relationships, etc. But I rarely post, I tend to skim. Besides, since I lack Tico's wrinkly branmass, I have very little to say.

And the science forum attracts and scares me. I like the subjects, but I get confused after 2 posts or so. I read there when I get too full of myself.

There are several people whose insights interest me, and Chai is one of them. Mind you, I don't always agree, but I do find them interesting Smile
There are plenty of others as well, in fact, too many to list. I like Reyn's Human Interest topics as well Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:25 pm
Tico wrote:
I thought we had totally exhausted the lady fart thing.

Naw, you can never have too many fart jokes.

Quote:
Took a quick look at my personal posting history and I see way too many posts in the Human Interest category. pfffffffffffffffft! I'm not even interested in humans.

Who are you? Can't remember seeing you there. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Don't Know You...But You've Been Here Before
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:03:36