Mag's 'breast-feeding' cover adds to debate

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:21 am
patiodog wrote:
But if'n we don't get to see 'em, we develop an unholy obsession....

is that were gay men come from?

lack of boobie exposure?

No breast feeding as a child? Shocked
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:25 am
I expect they come from a vagina by way of a uterus, like everybody else. I don't know about early gustatory predilections.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:37 am
Laughing

[size=7]smartass[/size]
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:40 am
. . Idea
. . /
( ! )
| | |
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:05 am
Great post, shewolf. (the last long one). You nailed it.

Now....who here was breast-fed? Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:18 am
Me.

Surprised? Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:20 am
I was corn-fed.

I should be ready for slaughter by November.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:40 am
I'm with Shewolf. It's a natural biological function. Breasts are intended for feeding children. Just 'cause some people think their "off duty" time is for other things doesn't change the fact that they ARE for feeding babies.

As patio said before, if not boobs we'd find something else... backs, ankles, (remember when we couldn't show those, ladies?) or forarms.whatever. Get over it. People most every where else in the world breast feed their children without the people around them feeling disgusted.

And, keep in mind that the connection with the mother is also about the baby seeing the mother while he/she nurses. Look at the love on that babies face. Cover up with a shawl or blanket and deprive the baby of that? You're kidding, right?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:43 am
squinney wrote:
I'm with Shewolf. It's a natural biological function. Breasts are intended for feeding children. Just 'cause some people think their "off duty" time is for other things doesn't change the fact that they ARE for feeding babies.

As patio said before, if not boobs we'd find something else... backs, ankles, (remember when we couldn't show those, ladies?) or forarms.whatever. Get over it. People most every where else in the world breast feed their children without the people around them feeling disgusted.

And, keep in mind that the connection with the mother is also about the baby seeing the mother while he/she nurses. Look at the love on that babies face. Cover up with a shawl or blanket and deprive the baby of that? You're kidding, right?

Thank you for never covering me with a shawl or blanket honey, I love you too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:45 am
I was entirely breast fed. I still love breastes.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:53 am
Bear - For the last time, I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:54 am
squinney wrote:
Bear - For the last time, I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER!

mighty tough talk from someone who just last night was screaming "Give it to me Daddy"......
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:40 am
squinney wrote:

Quote:

That is such an important point, squinney, and I am glad you brought
this up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:47 am
GUSTAV!!!!!!! http://www.borge.diesal.de/board02/images/smiles/nudel.gif
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:59 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://us.inmagine.com/img/rubberball/rb136/rb136011.jpg
CJ, waiting for Gus to come home.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:38 am
Boobs are the fountains of youth. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:42 am
squinney wrote:

I dont think that is what she ment...

I think Chai was just saying that, if it is such a big deal for a particular crowd, mom, or individual... that people shouldnt balk and fight about it when something as simple as a towel can fix it if need be.

Wich i agree with.

If I know that.... ehhhhhhh.. for example..

Im going to dinner with people who dont like the idea of me breastfeeding my child.. I WILL bring a blanket.
I WILL feed at the table, but I will cover her, my breast, and make sure there is nothing showing . Just out of respect for MYSELF because I dont want to be in a fight with prudes..
I would rather feed my child in peace and go on about my business.

Now , if I am out in public with my lactivist friends..
By golly..
were whippen those utters out and stuffin em in our babies face no matter what. Laughing

Certain situations require a bit of "tact" no matter how you feel about breastfeeding. Unfortunatly.
And yes, the eye contact + physical contact is a HUGE plus for a child.
Almost , if not an absolute necessity for the growing child..

And that was what she was getting at.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
I think breastfeeding must be very special to both mother and child. I can only imagine the bond it must be, the giving and taking on both ends.

One time, I was walking across a bridge in the park (shewolf, the 1st St. bridge, you know, the one that goes almost over that little pavillion) I glanced down and 20 or 30 feet below was a mother nursing her child. Like I said, there's this pavillion there, and this woman had taken the baby around to the back side of it, and was sitting on the grass, not hidden, but private.

The simple beauty of it stopped me in my tracks for a moment. The mother was gazing down the stroking the babe's little round fuzzy head, the baby was gazing up in total peace and love at her mothers face. All you moms are probably tearing up right now.

Suddenly, I realized...WHOA! This is private! There was some heavy duty love making going on, and it was no business of mine to be a peeping tom, so I continued on my way.

That's what I mean about covering up...I specfically said PARTICALLY cover the baby head, and in such a way that you can the baby can look at each other, and enjoy your private time.

I kiss my husband in public, but not one of those "boy I really mean it" kisses if you know what I mean. Same principle.

That mother at the park seeking her privacy, and mothers discretely covering up is just creating a figurative more than literal privacy screen to enjoy each others company....and sure tells me more about the relationship of mother and child.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:07 pm
Breasts are beautiful.

http://images.foundrymusic.com/JPEG/72701manboobscontestant18_jim1.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:10 pm
Those are kinda nice, patio.

But, isn't your belly button rather high?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:51:52