Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:21 pm
Baby's gots dirty handses.

OK, that's creepy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:21 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
nimh wrote:

Post photos of yours! That'll show 'em that it's nothing to be ashamed for!

My boobies

Breast Pride!!! Smile
Woohoo!

my penis has just crawled so far into my abdomen that I cannot possibly retrieve it... I am also choking on vomit.....damn shewolf... you suck beeyatch....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:25 pm
Yup

love you too bpb. Very Happy

how's bout some love?

Want a little milk?

I bet, if I squeezed hard enough, I can still get some powder milk outta these babies...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:26 pm
I'm still recalling tube socks blowing in the wind Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:26 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:27 pm
The whole bit makes me think about teenagers I saw at the mall today. (God knows what I was doing at the mall, it happens a couple of times a year. Ugh.)

So, like, we live with this complete conflation of exposure and sexuality, as if looking at a socket wrench is the same thing as fixing a car. And lots of teenage girls walking around showing lots of skin, clearly with the notion that it's sexy. But it's exposed with cheap, ugly, disposable clothes, and it totters around on wedge strappy sandals with no poise or grace, and it's all put together with a complete lack of wit or aesthetics, and its topped with a vacant look that can't possibly reflect the level of intelligence of the mind behind the face.

If flesh on its own is to be considered sexy -- by the prudes or by the libertines -- then we may as well all go f*ck a corpse.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:28 pm
(hee hee -- powdered milk)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:28 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/puking.jpg
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:32 pm
"Turn the stove off, hon! I found the lighter!"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:32 pm
Good point.

And if you want to look at it in terms of how much flesh is shown, I guarantee you that teenage girl you are describing is showing more actual flesh then the nursing mom is.
And the teenager WANTS you to look at her as 'sexy'
yet the mom just wants to feed her baby..

moms get the really shitty end of the stick here.

I remember when I was breastfeeding Bean.
I didnt give a rats ass what people thought.
When my child was hungry, she would eat.

Period.

That is the way my body was designed.
That is why babies suckle..
Thats why I got these big ole bags of boobs..

to feed my kids.

I got razzed in many ways.
People even going so far as to " yell" comments across a room at me about feeding my child.

One woman though, gotta love the older women Smile , walked over to me and kissed me on the head and said " You do it right the first time honey, there will be no phychological bills for a distressed teenager."

Took me a while to realize she was telling me " good job on feeding your child as it should be. "
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:42 pm
honey if that's really your picture and you think you've got "big ole bags of boobs" then you're the Queen Of Denial.... Laughing
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:46 pm
Reyn wrote:
flushd wrote:
Still...I honestly don't want to see people nursing in any old restaurant, Starbucks, etc.
There are places and times for everything.

McDonald's maybe? Laughing

Perhaps, like the old "smoking section", a "breast-feeding section" could be provided.

McDonald's is cool with me. Anywhere in the joint. It's filled with kids anyways! Very Happy

On my mother's side of the family, there was breastfeeding in public. Shewolf's attitude "He/she is hungry, I'm gonna feed 'em".

Seen enough of it I guess. It's not a moral thing for me or being squeamish about boobs. It's a "there is no reason for that right this second" thing for me.

A baby can wait a few minutes. I believe that if we loosened up and allowed a fair amount of places where breast-feeding is acceptable, a nice balance could be made. The balance of privacy and publicity.

I guess I just find breast-feeding a bit obnoxious at times. lol. It is somewhere in the category of 'watching someone piss or ****' for me. Natural, but it ain't all the beautiful, and there is some intimacy involved.

akh. I tried.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:53 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

I dont believe you ;-)

squinney wrote:
Uh, okay, nimh. You go first.

Hey thats mean, I dont have 'em!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:59 pm
just curious....

does no one agree with my comment that women do not have to expose their breast to feed their baby?

Has no one heard of a light hand towel or a shawl....

I would think breast feeding is a private and special enough thing that a mother would be WANTING to keep it low key with her baby.

My neighbor, the one with 7 kids, says she breast feed in church and elsewhere all the time, all 7 babies, but most of the time, people around here didn't even realize.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:02 pm
Quote:
akh. I tried.

Hey, I'm with you, to a certain extent (joking aside): but the tenor of the antisuckle side represented in the article is "Not anywhere that my children might see it!"

To hell with that -- if your child can't handle seeing a titty every now and then, you're doing something wrong.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:11 pm
Im of the thought that , you can use a towel if you like.

But truthfully, that babies head covers all of it.
And that is what those things are FOR! to feed them little kiddos.

And, though I see your point Flushd, I have to disagree.

( I want to go on another rant here, and in my rant I will post alot of questions. But please don't feel like I am aiming them at you..
Im simply writing down how I feel about the subject. You are not underfire at all Flushd. Wink )

Quote:
A baby can wait a few minutes.

yes they can.
But why should they?

Why should they be taught that their immediate needs are not going to be met by mom until later........

that when they are hungry, they may NOT get what they need right away ? because our society feels that breastfeeding where you can " be seen" is wrong and a mom should crawl into a corner ?

As if what she is doing is unnatural.

Feeding a baby a powder created in a factory is unnatural.

Babies are born to be breast fed.
Thats why the mothers body makes milk.

Why is it not ok for a woman to feed her child when they cry?
Because it might offend someone else?
So there for her child should go 'hungry'?

So mom should get up and leave as if she's some kind of curse?

Go back to native american societies.

Women fed their children every where. Because they had to.
No matter what they were doing, when the baby was hungry, they either stopped their task to feed, or propped the baby AND BOOB up so the feeding could take place.

Then comes the introduction of christianity and the thought that nudity in all forms is wrong.
So with in the handful of generations that " changed the indians" we now think that breastfeeding is wrong and not a choice a woman should make.

yet, for thousands of years, that is how we survived.
But we are supposed to change this thought in a few generations?

ppppbbbbthhh

oy vey..

yet another signature rant Cool
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
hurraaahhh for shewolf!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:29 pm
<nodding>

A good rant! Good points, for sure.

Native american soceity. That's actually what I was thinking of when I was typing too.
I'm bracing myself to be called a racist now, but so be it.

The native women I know get pregnant and pops out kids like it's no big thing. Take out a boob right at the dinner table and start feeding.

Now, I have a lot of respect for many of the cultures like that. Sometimes I don't know what culture i really am about - i've got streaks of that, and streaks of 'keep it private and don't be 'rude'. Hard to explain; except it is a personal thing with me.

It's amusing to me to hear my white-ass friend who is pregnant, at 6 weeks refusing to lift bags bc she feels she 'might hurt the baby'. She almost acts as thought pregnancy and children were a disease and an intrusion. Anyways, that's a whole other rant - point being, the cultures support some very very different basic values and ideas about children and motherhood.

I find myself scoffing at aspects of both. maybe i am simply a dink. (distinct possibility).

Why should a baby wait a few minutes? 'Cause look at the world around us. This isn't an egalitarian soceity. Children are not going to brought into a world where they will have the opportunities to get their needs met immedietly.
There are rules, there are boundaries, there are all sorts of cultures attempting to mix...well, let's not even go there, eh

There are a lot of things that are natural that we teach ourselves to wait for. In some cultures - I'll use a Hutterite colony as an example - the children are taught very strict rules of behavior and are in a very structured environment. They learn something else.

Who is to say what is right or wrong? It's what we choose for ourselves only.

BTW Shewolf, I admire and smile at the fact that you do exactly what it is you think is right for you and your Bean. It's awesome.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:30 pm
****, sorry all, for turning this into less than just a fun thread.

I suck. ....and it's not boobies i'm sucking.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:45 pm
No, don't apologize. It's been a great thread, with just the right balance of post tones. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:53:52