Mag's 'breast-feeding' cover adds to debate

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:39 am
I have started a petition to have women expose their breasts in public whether they are breast feeding or not.

I have 119 signatures to date.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:42 am
That's a lot of dates. Won't the sheep be lonely?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:43 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have 119 signatures to date.

I have 119 dates on my book..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:43 am
All of my sheep are named "signature".
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
Hmm, then if a2k DID represent the nation, we should expect only 43% of people here to be in favor of public breast feeding. And all you heathen furriners who've posted don't count.

I really like the mom of a four-month old who said she was sick of seeing a baby at the breast. Is that referring to seeing her own baby or what? Otherwise, where is she just constantly being bombarded by this sight? I don't see this happening that often.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 12:41 pm
"My kid needed to eat," says the 29-year-old from South Abingdon, Mass. And she wasn't going to go hide in a not-so-clean restroom: "I don't send people to the bathroom when THEY want to eat," she says.

I'll swim against the current here. I'll be the prude. Women like the one above piss me off. "I don't send people to the bathroom when they want to eat." Yeah. Like a baby and tit at the table is the same as me eating with a fork.
It's only good manners to take your bare tit away from the table.

It's true - the 'eww, gross' crowd is out to lunch. Breast feeding outside, in waiting areas, among friends, that's all fine and dandy.
And the pic: geez, get over it people. It's a breast. Big deal.

Still...I honestly don't want to see people nursing in any old restaurant, Starbucks, etc.
There are places and times for everything.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:19 pm
That's a non-issue for me. I don't want to see people's baby's in restaurants at all. I just don't like the things.

Though, if they must be present, I'd like to see a tit attached.

As a nature lover.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:22 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:37 pm
flushd wrote:
Still...I honestly don't want to see people nursing in any old restaurant, Starbucks, etc.
There are places and times for everything.

McDonald's maybe? Laughing

Perhaps, like the old "smoking section", a "breast-feeding section" could be provided.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:39 pm
Dunno. Second-hand milk might be a risk for the lactose intolerant, and how can you guarantee that milk from the suckling section wouldn't drift into the non-suckling diners' area?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:45 pm
Articles and responses like that crack me up.

What in the hell do these people think we as a society and a race DID about 100 ( or less ) years ago when a baby was hungry?

Uhh.. we women FED THEM..... the way they are MEANT to be fed.

Thousands of years of evolution that involved BREAST FEEDING should not and will not come to an end over night due to the introduction of such companies as Nestle.

Nestle tells you that convince is best.
Pre made formula can make your life easier (!) and it is almost BETTER for your child to drink their factory created chemicals then your natural breast milk.

Almost all advertisements you see about babies shows , or refers to them as drinking from a bottle only.
Kinda sad I think.

Someone said that America is an unnaturally sexually repressed country.

BINGO

If we as women can not feed our children they way they should be fed out of fear of someone SEEING a booby... we are damned .

Part of that article said something along the lines of " I don't want my son or husband to see a boob they didn't want to see"

Huh?
Men............. don't want to see boobs?

Well.. fer fukers sake lady..you ain't got a MAN there.. Rolling Eyes

But why are boobs nasty?
Even when they are not feeding a baby, a naked breast makes some people in this society cringe.. as if they are poison..

wtf?

eh....... ill stop rambling now......
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:49 pm
Well, see, the Almighty God gave us these bodies so that we could be afraid of them, ashamed of them, and betrayed by them. Kind and Loving God that He is.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:50 pm
No, please.....ramble all you like. I'm rather enjoying it! Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:58 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Part of that article said something along the lines of " I don't want my son or husband to see a boob they didn't want to see"

Huh?
Men............. don't want to see boobs?

Well.. fer fukers sake lady..you ain't got a MAN there.. Rolling Eyes

I believe she was brutally misquoted, and in actuality said:

"I don't want my son or husband to see a boob I didn't want them to see" :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:02 pm
nimh wrote:

"I don't want my son or husband to see a boob I didn't want them to see" :wink:

Bingo darling.
Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:04 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
But why are boobs nasty?
Even when they are not feeding a baby, a naked breast makes some people in this society cringe.. as if they are poison..

wtf?

Yeah! You're so right. You go girl.

In fact, we should set a marker, draw the line and make a statement about this right now!

Down with the fear of naked breasts!

Let's show 'em how normal they are!

Post photos of yours! That'll show 'em that it's nothing to be ashamed for!

All you A2K ladies, stand proud to show your breasts! Yeah!

You could do so right on this thread. Or any thread, really. Heed the call and stop the madness!

Consider me founding member of the Global Breast Liberation Front (you'll note how the abbreviation is an ode to the gurgling happiness of a baby: GBLF).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:16 pm
nimh wrote:

Post photos of yours! That'll show 'em that it's nothing to be ashamed for!

My boobies

Breast Pride!!! Smile
Woohoo!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:18 pm
Uh, okay, nimh. You go first.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:18 pm
Mmmm, hand towels...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 03:19 pm
i love you too pd. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:26:18