More lightning than usual?

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 09:56 am
I'm curious. Have others experienced an unusual amount of dangerous lightning storms this summer? Everyday a severe thunderstorm pops up and causes much damage from lightning strikes. I have lived in this area for over 20 years and have never witnessed lightning like this. It used to be that I was not particularly concerned about lightning. But this year people and homes are getting zapped right and left. It's like a rocket attack. Everytime a thunderstorm comes through, several homes get hit and some of them burn to the ground. During these lightning bombardments, we have taken to huddling in the hallway clutching the cellphone expecting to have to call 911.

I have thought about installing lightning rods but after research on the Net, I've concluded that know one knows if they work or not. One study says they might even attract lightning, and if they are not properly grounded ...

How about other members of this forum? Are you experiencing more lightning this summer than usual?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 644 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 11:13 am
No more than usual. But then again, I live in the lightning capital of the US.
0 Replies