Which MP3?

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 12:29 pm
Moving on from a previous thread (iPod or MP3?) I need advice on the best choice of MP3 to record downloadable audiobooks. I need one that will emphasize the upper registers, or at least doesn't emphasize the bass.

I'm looking for the smallest, lightest product possible.

What do you think about Windows Media Plays for Sure? Rio?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 809 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 04:57 pm
How big is an audiobook? You'll need at least that much storage space on your player.

I have a MobiBlu Cube. It's less than an inch square, weighs less than an ounce, and holds 2GB. Is that enough storage? It has an equalizer with several presets for different kinds of music, and a setting you can customize to your preference, so you could add to the upper registers and mute the bass so it's just how you like it.

I would think many, if not most, MP3 players would have the same sort of equalizer setup, or at least a bass-treble control.

Mine has lanyard-style headphones so the whole thing hangs around your neck. The weight's not noticeable. It also has an FM radio. The only thing is, the smaller the player, the smaller the controls. It's a little tricky to press the right combination of buttons on this tiny thing... If you have large fingers, or your vision's not clear, it would be good to handle the player first to make sure you could operate it easily.
0 Replies