iPod or MP3

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 11:58 am
To be honest, I've never quite understood these two products - where they differ, and what are the advantages of each. Am I right in thinking that the Ipod can't download music from Rhapsody?Do they both have the capability to download music from iTunes? Or is it the other way around. And what about audiobooks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 850 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 12:30 pm
iPod can only download music from iTunes. Ha. iPod can only download PURCHASED music from iTunes.

If you have songs on your computer, you can convert them. At least I could.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 12:25 pm
iPod or MP3
Well, I've got my answer. Our local public libraries have begun making audiobooks downloadable, but an iPod can't be used to take advantage of this service. So MP3 is it. Now to choose the right MP3!
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 02:36 pm
You can put any MP3 file you like on an iPod.
If your audiobooks from the library are MP3 format then they will go on an iPod.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 03:37 pm
iPod or MP3
I don't know why, but the instructions state specifically that this service is not enabled for iPod use.

It does sound odd.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:25 am
Im not sure what instuctions you have. But audiobooks are supported by iPod, (never tried it myself, but have played with half a dozen versions that all claim to)

iPod doesnt like WMA, which is a shitty compresion algorithim from Microsoft. But, seriously Microsoft................. Anyone have a chance to test their Vista beta version??? Like Pac man, eats your resouces, and feels like a giant bug on your desk.
0 Replies