Over Exposing Digital Camera

Pitter

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 04:47 pm
My Olympus Stylus 300 digital camera seems to consistently over expose way more than my film type point and shoots. It's like now I'm trying to remember to meter the sky to get a properly exposed scene on a bright day but not very conveient since the focus is set at the same time. True I can manipulate to some extent with the computer program that comes with it but it can't change the exposure setting on an existing shot. It's quite a pain in the neck. Anyone had experience with this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,583 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 05:22 pm
Pitter, Why don't you try contacting Olympus on the net? They probably have a Customer Service department that might be able to help you correct that problem. Good luck. c.i.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 05:53 pm
Thanks I'll give that a shot.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:03 am
Just to wrap up: I did contact Olympus and at their request e-mailed a sample over exposed photo. The answer came back quickly. The camera has an exposure compensation feature that I didn't know about that was set at 1.3 instead of 0.0. Ah technology!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:51 am
Pitter, I also have a Olympus 3000 zoom camera, and I love it! The quality of the photos match those I take with my Pentax 35mm, and sometimes even better - esepcially night photos! Glad you were able to resolve the problem. c.i.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:58 am
I have a C-2100 UZ - hardly ever have problems with exposures.
0 Replies