Our Ocean World

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 02:44 am
Standing on the shore, looking out over the vast expanse of sky and waves, the ocean seems boundless, unchanging, unfamiliar. But beneath the surface is a universe we barely know. Life began in the ocean. Like the air we breathe and the land we live on, the sea sustains us. The ocean is an interconnected global system. It provides food and livelihood for humankind. It shapes our climate and drives our weather, yielding at least as much oxygen as all the world's forests combined. It is our life support system and our future health depends on its vitality. Yet more than 95 percent of the world's oceans have yet to be explored. Now, more than ever, we need to learn about the oceans and share their wonders with people everywhere.

Our Ocean World is a daily radio feature that brings listeners around the world news and information about issues related to the ocean. The show presents solutions to shared problems and suggestions on how listeners can help preserve our most vital natural resource.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 609 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 03:23 am
fleurdelis, Welcome to A2K. First may I say that I love your screen name. That is a lovely and concise piece of writing about the ocean. I can hear it at the moment, and I always think of Byron.
0 Replies