Lovatts Colossus 104 STINKER

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 05:16 am
Hi all!

after one answer to solve this puzzle. Hopefully someone can help.

201 DOWN

Punish (sailor)

The letters I have are CE-L-A-L

It's very possible there is a wrong letter Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 660 • Replies: 5
No top replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 05:17 am
Ceelhaul?

Of course, I have no idea what these Colossus thingies are, apart from some sort of crypcit puzzle.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:33 am
Hi conorbear

The answer you want is "keelhaul".

201a = "kumquats", it would appear you have it written with a "c", which spelling is also ok, but then you get "ceelhaul" which is not a word.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

conorbear

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:35 am
thanks Dutchy! I had worked it out from the previous post but for some reason I couldn't get the page to load to say thanks!

I appreciate you taking the time Very Happy

I love my Lovatts! Laughing
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 07:25 am
Well, wasn't sure about the spelling, but I thought it was with a k as well.
But then again, I'm not a native english speaker, and these words are sufficiently rarely used by me to be 100% sure about the spelling.
Smile
So is it a croosword of sortS?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 12:35 am
Hi najmelliw!

In answer to your question, Lovatts is the name of a publishing company which issues a number of crossword and other puzzles in various magazines. Prizes are offered for some of the puzzles, which range from the very simple to the sometimes very difficult. (As you might have noticed there are "Stinkers" and "Demons" as well as "Goliathons" and "Monster Crosses". They are very popular, and although based in Australia, are also sold in New Zealand, UK, Ireland and some other countries. It appears they will soon be surfacing in the USA as well.

There are quite a few of us "Lovatts fanatics" who have made a home at A2K. If we have a difficulty with any of the puzzles, we are always keen to help each other out. We also very much appreciate the assistance and input we receive from people like yourself, who are not familiar with the books.

The best thing is that we learn and expand our knowledge and appreciation of the language - and exercise those little grey cells (as Hercule Poirot was wont to say).

And we get to make some good friends - so hop in anytime with your comments.
Very Happy
0 Replies