digital camera problem

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 05:31 pm
I just bought a digital camera (kodak) over 2 months now ,it was working fine but today when I came to put the pictures on the computer ,nothing happened ,as if it weren't connected .I can still take pictures but just can't put them on the computer .Any ideas for what is the problem ???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,820 • Replies: 16
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:26 am
Some cameras require you to install special softwear.

What program are you trying to open the photo in?

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about computer but I know a bit about cameras.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:51 am
Since not specified I'm assuming you run Windows.

Well, make sure your USB cable is properly connected at both ends. When you plug the camera in, you should get a popup window that asks what you want to do with the files/device.

If that doesn't happen, right click on "My Computer" then choose "Explore". Look for the removable USB device (typically E: ). If you can see it, simply click on it and follow the path down to your pictures.

If you cannot see it, try using a different USB port on your computer.

This is just a start.
0 Replies

couragous

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:27 am
i tried all those options ,i use easy share (kodak)software but stil no luck Sad .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:31 am
OK, next, try a different computer. I don't think you really need the Easyshare software to test. If you plug the camera in, you should get a popup window asking what you want to do. What version of Windows are you running on your machine?

Anyway, if you don't get the popup on the second machine, then there is likely something wrong with the camera or its settings.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:34 am
What model of camera is it?

One of my cameras I just plug in and go. On the other camera I have to set the computer connection on the camera before plugging it in to the computer.
0 Replies

couragous

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:36 am
could it be something wrong with the cable that connects camera to the computer,because I can still use the camera ,take pictures and I am still able to see them on the screen,I also think it has nothing to do with the version of the windows because it was working fine before with the same windows
0 Replies

couragous

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:37 am
My camera model is kodak c340
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:41 am
Here is a link to Kodak's FAQ section of customer support for your model: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=6840/7269&faqKnowledgebase=101_en&faqTopic=109&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=4119

Are you running XP?

Here's this:

Quote:
Question:
My computer running the Windows XP operating system does not recognize my digital camera. What's wrong and how do I fix it?
<<Prev Next>>

Answer: Answer last updated:06-06-06
The computer may be set up incorrectly. Do the following to resolve this problem:

Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > System.
Select the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Right-click USB Root Hub, then select Properties.
Select the Power Management tab.
Clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox, then click OK.
Close all open windows.
Restart the computer.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:46 am
Quote:
I cannot transfer pictures from my digital camera to the computer. What should I do?
<<Prev Next>>

Answer: Answer last updated:06-02-06
Use the Interactive Troubleshooting Guide or click the Help button in EasyShare software for information on resolving communication problems.

Link to the Interactive Troubleshooting Guide: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/repair/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.jhtml?pq-path=6198
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:50 am
Here's another idea.

Buy a Canon.

They have the best lenses and take the best pictures of any of the low to midrange digital cameras currently on the market.

The Digital Elph's are really cool.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:50 am
A link to Technical Information Bulliten #4153: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/tib4153.jhtml?pq-path=8856
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 03:17 pm
So.......?

Did any of this work or are you still having problems?
0 Replies

mom2cne

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 08:25 pm
Not the OP, but I wanted to thank you for the help. I've been beating my head against the desk and calling camera and computer every name in the book trying to fix this problem. A couple of clicks and ot is working fine. Thanks for the info Smile
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 08:59 pm
If it happens again, USB seems to have something of a reputation for forgetting what it's connected to or what is plugged into it, if you don't use that thing for awhile. It always forgets my external CD and DVD drives are there, and I have to unplug and replug them in, before it thinks "Oh, yeah, that one" and remembers it's there, and acts accordingly. Tey unplugging and replugging the cable and camera if it just ignores it next time. And check "My computer", which should show your camera as something like "removable storage device", or something similar, I think. If it doesn't show any external devices, the USB may be glitching again.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 09:01 pm
OK, just looked at my "My computer"--my camera shows up under the "Devices with removable storage" section, I think.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 02:50 pm
Re: digital camera problem
couragous wrote:
I just bought a digital camera (kodak) over 2 months now ,it was working fine but today when I came to put the pictures on the computer ,nothing happened ,as if it weren't connected .I can still take pictures but just can't put them on the computer .Any ideas for what is the problem ???

I have a Kodak C340 too and never had any trouble. A few months ago I received an automatic upgrade from Kodak. This might help!
0 Replies