How clever are cats?

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 01:11 am
*A falling cat will always land on feet.Students have demonstrated that when dropped from most heights cats do land gracefully on their feet.Results change only when cats are dropped upside-down from a height of one foot or less.We're not suggesting you try this at home.
*Animals can predict natural disasters.There is no evidence that animals possess allowing them to predict natural disasters.Their keen senses of smell,hearing,and sharp instincts alone are enough to send them scattering for the hillsides during a hurricane or tsunami.Even so,animals often die during natural disasters.So if they do have some sort of sixth sense,it's not worth much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 791 • Replies: 8
No top replies

xguymontagx

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:09 am
cats are clever enough realize that humans will take care of them if they act all cute and stuff.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 11:10 pm
A cat lands on its feet unless it's afflicted with cerebellar hypoplasia. I once had one of them, and - trust me - it didn't land on its feet!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 11:31 pm
A friend had a cat that, during a thunder storm would roll on its back about 5 oe 10 seconds before each peal of thunder, then when the peal was done it would roll back onto its stomache.
I dont know if this is actually clever but it sure was weird to watch.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 06:47 am
I don't know if landing on a cat's feet is necessarily clever as just instint. As far as clever - my cats are pretty stupid if you ask me. Although I do love them - they are wimpy and stupid and if left out to fend for themselves certainly wouldn't survive.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 07:15 am
Some cats are smart, some are dumber than a box of rocks.

I've got one of each right now, and I love them both.

Cats do things that are in its self interest, they base everything on "how will this affect me." The trick is to make the desired behavior something that will benefit them.

I've heard a cat is as smart as an octopus. I'm thinking of getting one.

You know the one about how to levitate a cat? Tie a pie of buttered toast, butter side up onto its back.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 09:12 am
Ironically I just showed how clever I am with my ability to spell.

Chai - cats sound a lot like children.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 02:45 pm
http://www.davethedrummer.com/Pics/the%20secret%20thoughts%20of%20cats.jpg

Cool
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 04:59 pm
They're all a bunch of air headed, fluff brains, unless the sense that being smart has some momentary annoyance value.
0 Replies