Firewalls.

Wilso

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:31 am
I've just reloaded my PC with a new hard disk. Before I even got everything set up (including my virus scanner) I'm getting popups of alerts every 5 minutes from various registry scan services warning me to fix my registry. What I need is a way to stop their "spam". What's a good firewall that will stop them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:40 am
I use the free Zone Alarm. It has a very good reputation. I have checked on the vulnerability of my ports in "Shields Up" many times, at it always comes out "stealth", which means that hackers can't get into my computer.

Link to "Shields up"

Link to Zone Alarm

One year, I bought the Zone Alarm Pro. It was a total pain in the ass, (lots and lots of configuations that you have to do) and really unnecessary. The simpler free Zone Alarm is more than adequate for a personal computer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:04 am
http://reviews.cnet.com/ZoneAlarm_6_5/4652-3667_7-31902751.html?tag=series

Check out C Net and see what they think about the free Zone Alarm.

Interesting thing. When I was looking this up for you, I found that there was a new version . 6.5 that was just released this month. I immediately upgraded my Zone Alarm.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:08 am
I've put zoneAlarm on. Let's see what happens.
0 Replies