g'damn ants

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 12:21 pm
Ant bait--ideal for inside.

Boil: 2 cups of water.

Add: 1 teaspoon boric acid (1% solution)

6 Tablespoons of sugar.

Stir and cool.

Take old margarine containers--or deil containers--and punch little ant size doorways in them. Leave little bits of a lips on the bottom of the holes.

Dip cotton balls in the sugar water and arrange them on the bottom of your containers.

Hide the containers under furniture, under the sink--where every you see ants.

NOTE: Do not increase the boric acid concentration. You want the industrious little workers to hurry back to their nest and poison the queen and everyone else.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 10:49 pm
Nope, no law in California and D-Con would go out of business if their ant stakes were not legal and needed a license in very many states. I have no way of tracing how many states but I'm glad I don't live in Texas. Sorry. These stakes are the most safe, benign way of getting rid of ants of anything I can think of. There is a law against using Chlorothane, the old remedy that proved hazardous to kids and pets.
0 Replies

wirodeu

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 01:20 am
We do have a lot of ants the walk over the walls to the windows and go behind things i can't go to me bedroom anymore Sad
We can't use poison cause we have 2 cats and 5! dogs .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 06:25 am
D Con stakes placed in the back of cupboards, behind beds or furniture where the pets can't get to them work perfectly. A large dog could get hold of one if he chooses to chew on metal but I doubt there's any way he would do anything but put dents in it and decide it wasn't a chewing candidate. We have two cats and have had the stakes inside the door and any crack where we know ants have used with no adverse effect. They ignore the stakes as don't like the odor of the sweet lure of the concealed poison. Unless they are zapped by Rick Moranis so they can crawl through the membrane protected hole to get to the poison, it's virtually impossible to get to it.
0 Replies