HELP! I'm thirty!

cavfancier

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 07:34 pm
Good on you Montana....we are thinking of home schooling as well, once we have a kid. Perhaps for another thread?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 07:35 pm
I agree with Phoenix, it just gets better and better! I would not want to go back, only if I could know all I know now, and we all know that's not possible.

You do become so much more accepting, wiser, non-judgemental, happier, and less fearful, as you age.

I know it's hard for you to believe, but there is so much more happiness waiting for you, but you're too young yet:)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 07:39 pm
Cav
Home schooling my son was one of the smartest choices I've made in my life. Way too much politics in the schools these days. Good luck to you and Mrs. Cav ;-)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 07:44 pm
Thirty? Thirty? Thirty?

Oh dearest anastasia.....

You're a love. Enjoy your thirties young lady! And get used to the enjoyment because it only gets better!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 11:50 pm
Dear anastasia

Haven't you heard?
Women are at their sexual peak in their 3os!
Enjoy!:wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 04:00 pm
Oof, I've hit 40.

I noticed that the day I turned 30 - the day! - I woke up with a backache. It wasn't from anything in particular I'd done or not done. I've since told other folks who turned 30 after I did, and they all reported waking up with backaches on their 30th birthdays (which cleared up after taking aspirin and aren't recurrent).

For my 40th birthday, I woke up with slight nausea (no, I'm not pregnant, and wasn't on my 40th birthday). So maybe the decade birthday ache moves forward. I wonder what happens on one's 50th birthday?

But aside from aches, the 30s are good, 40s are good so far, too. I still think of myself as "young" and on the younger side of life. I still feel like I haven't got a clue as to what to do with my life, and like I've got years to decide that. I still feel like I can keep up with trends (but I don't feel obligated to follow them any more). I still feel like younger people seek advice from me because I have more experience and older people seek information because I know more cutting edge stuff.

All in all, it's all good.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 04:36 pm
jespah sez
"I wonder what happens on one's 50th birthday?"

Mrs. SealPoet sez, you fall apart. Colonoscopy, biopsy, etc. etc.

But I think she's just complaining 'cuz she knows I'll listen. Love is like that sometimes.

Anyway... If you'd known what turning thity was gonna be like, would you have killed yourself at 29?

I
don't
think
so
!

The only way you got to thiry was by surviving three time the number of fingers around the sun. So... buck up! If you didn't have any pinky-fingers you'd have hit that wall six years ago! It's just an arbitrary demarcation that means only what you allow it to mean.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 06:44 pm
Life gets interesting after you reach 60. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:46 am
Celebrate 30somethingness!

I have better friends, a better job, more money, better clothes, better holidays and, most important of all,

A better understanding of myself

than I had in my 20s. Focus on the positive.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 08:54 am
30? Wow. Isn't that the age you start playing bingo at the church on tuesday nights?

Just kidding, you old bats. I second msolga..."Sexual peak."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 08:57 am
What is this thing some of you are talking about that you define as "sexual peak?" c.i.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 09:36 am
HELP! I'm thirty!
Dunno. Haven't reached mine yet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 11:26 am
bobsmyth, You too, heh? LOL c.i.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:22 pm
oh, god, guys - thanks. <g>

I'm giggling now.

I think part of my problem, personally, is that I recently went through a personal crisis (OK, a nervous breakdown), and in the process of it, I lost my personal sense of identity. So now I'm rebuilding it. The identity I had throughout my twenties got me some ... interesting life experience. But it wasn't healthy - or particularly nice - and didn't get me where I want to go in life. I look at it now, and I don't really want it back. So that means becoming someone new - and I want to be someone more disciplined, more conscientious - more loving ... all these things fit in with what I hear women become in their thirties. I've heard that being thirty is great - but to me right now, it's just kind of alien. I think I'll get used to it - I'm just afraid I won't get to like it in time - and I'll miss the good stuff.

I'm learning to grow into my own skin again. It's actually an exciting opportunity - and being a new immigrant to Holland, I'm forced to go back to doing things a twenty-year-old would be doing - school, taking a REALLY low-level job - in a lot of ways I *feel* like I'm still twenty, but then I have to say out loud that I'm thirty, and I'm ashamed of that.

Does that make any sense?

anyway, thanks for all the responses. that was really cool of all of you.

stasia
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:29 pm
Anastasia- Sure it makes sense. You have rejected the life that you lived before. It is like you are starting over. Emotionally, you are reinventing yourself, but you are still totin' around the 30 year old body.

Be kind to yourself. Becoming 30 can be difficult for anyone, but for someone who has gone through what you have, it can be even more traumatic.

You seem to have a very good handle on yourself now. That is a big plus. Keep growing and learning, and after awhile you will realize that age really is just a number. Oh sure, there are things that happen physically as you get older, but the important thing is you are overcoming some difficult times. It will be fine, but you need to believe that yourself, and believe IN yourself. Good luck!
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:32 pm
<smiles> thanks, phoenix. I think one of the things about it is, if I hadn't had this change - in my mind - then I would now be thirty and still be acting the same old way and not be self-conscious about it. This way, I'm just EXTREMELY self-conscious. I think (hope! <g>) it'll go away as I get used to it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:55 pm
anastasia- If you changed your hair color, wouldn't it be natural to feel a bit self-conscious about it? Girl, you have changed your entire self! Give yourself a chance to become comfortable with the new YOU. It won't happen right away, but little by little you will grow into the new you!
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:04 pm
god - haircolor. have I mentioned grey hair? <winks>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:05 pm
Well - and this is really serious - I missed nearly all my twen years, since I drunk so much in those years that I became an alcoholic.
My girl friend throw me out (in the 'early thirties'), I made a therapy, than a "zipped" period of 20's/30's and finally married in my forties my former girl friend (not having seen her for 13 years!).

So, anastasia, I really can understand you - I made very similar exeriences.

Age is just a number, Phoenix is right. But it's sometimes very hard to understand ... and learn.

However, growing up as an adult is an experience worth doing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:08 pm
I haven't gotten a single gray hair. What I've gotten is WHITE hairs. Pure pure pure white. I have mostly very dark brown hair with the occasional red, and at first I thought it was a blonde hair. Nope. White.

It looked kind of cool, though, actually. I could imagine keeping my hair long and letting it go totally silvery-white.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HELP! I'm thirty!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:48:53