Earrings for Men

onyxelle

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 06:32 am
I really dont care if a man wears jewelry or not, as long as it's not gaudy and overstated if he does.

If he DOES choose to wear earrings though, I'd prefer a small gold hoop, not so small that you don't notice it, I'm of the mind that when I do something to my outward appearance I'm not only doing it for me, but because I want whatever it is to be noticed. So, I'd like to notice what's going on with him too.

I am, however, totally totally taken with a man that is bald and has two hoop earrings. Mmmmmmmmmmmm sexy lol. I couldn't find a good picture online, but i'm sure you get the idea.

My own dh wears no jewelry, not even the watch. wedding band either. nothing.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:02 am
ehBeth wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
One of these days it'll be more rebellious not to have piercings or ink....

Setanta rebels against my pleadings that he do both.

I'm still wondering if it's a deal-breaker.

That might be the one reasonable stance I've heard from him lately....
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:33 pm
Earrings for Men
I'm with Swimpy.

A single earring looks a touch rakish/piratical/devil-may-care. Maybe a kinda good idea to counter too much of a professorial look.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:53 pm
On the large hole with earring hanging from a guy's ear... well, I don't like that all so much from a woman's ear either, though I get it that within some african tribes the hole thing is fine/ So you have this hole and this hanging thing. Should I just bow now?

I say all this as a confirmed nutcase re dangly earrings. Still, I don't want you to hang your kitchen stove from your ear...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 11:19 pm
Had a girl at the sandwich shop with buzzed hair and something that looked like bear claws poking through her ears....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:35 am
Soz gorgeous, Indian men, traiditonally, always wore earrings. In fact, one of the first ceremonies a Indian baby boy has to go through is called "kan chedan" - which is the piercing of his ears. However, in the modern world, this is a mere ceremony, with ears not actually pierced, but just a cause for celebration Smile) - nor do Indian males wear earrings as a matter of tradition now Sad

My advise for Mr Soz - small diamond studs. Dangly bits are for teenagers. A small diamond stud is graceful.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:51 am
Thanks, all!

Heya Sparky. Yeah, I do like the small-diamonds look myself. We'll see. I think he's going for something edgier. Also he's a pale pale boy, diamonds look better on darker skin I think. I think diamonds are good for professional + edgy, though. (He's wearing nicer and nicer clothes, I'm having a hard time picturing cheap brass earrings with 'em, maybe at least the sterling silver...)

I've seen those bear claws!

Sozlet loves all this stuff, she never fails to compliment someone on their piercings/ tats. This often gets uncomfortable giggles and "er, sorry!" looks in my direction from the complimentee, I just shrug and smile. She knows she's not gettin' nothin' 'til she's 13, then we'll talk.

(Loved the oatmeal line, Lash. Laughing)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:01 am
I mentioned this thread to the Lady Diane, she said you could go with a Turquoise inlay, I told her I thoink I will pass.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 08:09 pm
So did he ever do it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 08:18 pm
Oh, not yet -- it's more of a future tense musing anyway. He probably has to get a little more secure in this job before he can go for it.

This has helped a lot though, I have backed off my original diamond stud idea (can be cool on the right person, it's not him), I most like those silver hoops that ehBeth posted. He did too.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:19 am
Hey Sozobe ~ tell him to forget the piercings and go for the braided and beaded beard ....

http://www.posterplanet.net/new/images/captjack.jpg
<sigh>

Cheap, easy and quite a statement. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:41 am
And eyeliner, lots of eyeliner.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 08:48 am
Professor Jack Sparrow! I'd enroll in his class.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 06:02 pm
I want him.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 06:25 pm
here is the type of earring german carpenters wear after they have passed their apprenticeship and have been on the road for at least three years . the ring is worn in the left ear .
http://www.zimmerin.de/zihi/zuenftiges/kluft/img/ohrring.jpg

pretty funky i'd say !
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Earrings for Men
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:33:14