a little league of mayhem

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:42 am
WAKEFIELD, Mass. -- A Massachusetts mother is accused of kicking an 11-year-old boy who rooted against her son's little league team.
Valerie A. Yianacopulus, 39, faces assault and battery charges because of actions Saturday night. But, the witnesses have differing accounts of what happened after the game.
Yianacopulus had no comment Tuesday, but well-wishers and friends expressed their support.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,253 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:46 am
Hmmmmmmmmm - wonder what he was saying?

Kicking seems a little excessive though - the finger usually suffices on these occasions...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:53 am
Send her up the river...who is the adult in this situation anyway? I am so sick of hearing about this kind of crap, whether it's baseball, soccer or whatever....stop trying to live vicariously through yer kids, parents, and get a frigging grip...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:05 am
On the other kids?

THUD!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:06 am
Umm, no, not on the other kids, lol. You know what I'm talking about bunny Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:07 am
I'd like to hear the full story on this. All the details. We, in MA< are a very suitful state.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:37 am
Parents need to be banned from the games. Period.
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:11 am
Here's some more details. My sister and mother live in Wakefield and it turns out the kid in question got into a fight with the woman's son. Several people there say the mother encouraged her son to pick a fight with this kid. When they were on the ground the mother kicked the other kid. Kid went home with black eye and eventually started coughing up blood. Woman 39 years old. Boy 11 years old. People who know refer to the woman as "a yeller" at all the games.

Go team!!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:24 am
2-4-6-8!
Who do we appreciate!
Sane parents with reasonable perspective, expectations, and comportment!
Sane parents with reasonable perspective, expectations, and comportment!
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:26 am
Sorry, PD, that just doesn't flow.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:26 am
Yeah, I freeze up when all the grown-ups are yelling at me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:34 am
I used to play LEgion Ball as a kid and the only thing that got you on a team was talent and drive, not some minivan mom who wants a second shot at childhood.
LAwyers lined up like a dump of Lemmings going off a cliff. Momas in for somethin big.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 11:34 am
You have to be a very frustrated person to live through your child's sports (in fact, when a parent gets too involved, it may be symptom that something need to be adressed in his/her personal life).

And you have to have a distorted set of values to beat a child. I've known about massive fights among parents from different child teams (linked to some national, ideological or religious element), but never any thing like this.
0 Replies