DDT: A Weapon of Mass Survival

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 04:45 am
Obviously youre cutting and pasting from sources that are friendly with DDT but they are also unaware of history. Too bad. I can understand the Bush admin being part of a "bring back DDT campaign" Thyeve never been accused of being science savvy.
Quote:
The only context in which mosquitos would develop immunity to DDT would be that in which it was being used as an area pesticide for crops.
Huh? I wsnt aware that mosquitoes were a threat to crops. where do you get your stuff? comic books?.

Im glad that DDT gives your life some purpose, however, the application of DDT will quickly revive the recessive trait of immunity in skeeters and bring on a worldwide problem where the mosquitoes develop the immunity and we will have presented the native populations with many new immune species of mosquitoes that are able to transmit plasmodium. I guess we have to relive history to show the morons that evolution actually is predictable.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 01:24 pm
This whole DDT thing seems familar to me... yes, here it isfrom last year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 01:47 pm
DDT almost eradicated maleria, and many in Africa are still dying from this disease. Bogus science kills.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 01:50 pm
DDT worked wonderfully for a short period of time, then mosquitoes developed resistance and became "super mosquitoes". Gunga wants to forgewt that fact. As far as the question that ros asked me last year, I still say that the metabolites and body burdens of DDT/DDE are as harmful as any other chlorinated organic compound.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 03:35 pm
Farmerman, don't you know that Gungasnake lives in Bizzaro World where everything is backwards from what we know here on earth? What is true in our world is false in his and what is false here is true where he dwells. I think you are wasting your energy trying to penetrate his bunker.
0 Replies