Magic Lawsuit --I can't believe they won

Monger

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:01 am
Quote:
SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Magicians claiming they nearly went broke after a television program aired the secrets of their trade have won a legal fight against Brazil's largest television network...

CNN.com: Magicians sue after tricks revealed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 6
No top replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:34 am
Magic Lawsuit
This is hard to believe. If they sued because their secrets were given away, then they must have given the network the secret. If someone else gave the information to them, it's not secret.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 11:13 am
I want to sue this guy for trying to ruin Christmas.

Quote:
"Mister M took all the magic out of magic," Paulo Roberto Brito Martins, one of the magicians who sued, said Friday. "It was like depriving a child of happiness and the right to fantasize when you tell him Santa Claus does not exist."
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 12:33 pm
Mr M was the celebrity of the year when he was on TV. Globo hyped up the guy saying his identity needed to be kept a secret because magicians were being put out of business by the guy, it was just marketing and they revealed his identity in his final act but Globo set themselves up for this.

Incidentally you can't underestimate his fame in Brazil. Globo's power is unrivaled and he was more famous than the president.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 01:11 pm
Magic Lawsuit --I can't believe they won
Isn't the question whether or not something illegal was done, not something unpopular?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 02:14 pm
The legality is a tricky one in Brazil.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:44 pm
Headlines to watch for.....

"Ronald McDonald reveals depression rife amongst clowns, Clowns Assoc of America to sue"

"RuPaul claims 'Drag Queens really do have penises' now subject of class action"

"Chefs are 'really just people who cook food, honest!' - whistleblower faces Supreme Court over damages'"
0 Replies