And the alcohol/blood level award goes to...

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 11:17 am
This guy is the man. However I would NOT want to go drinking with this guy and try to keep up. I'll be looking for him on Letterman.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060523/ap_on_fe_st/lithuania_record_drink_driver

VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuanian police were so astonished when they pulled over a truck driver and his breathalyzer test registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their testing device must be broken. It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices when he was pulled over for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius on Saturday.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.

"This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, the director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."

Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a 3,000 litas ($1,110) fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 635 • Replies: 10
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 11:30 am
Re: And the alcohol/blood level award goes to...
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

Shocked Imagine what he would have registered that night, if he only downed one pint over breakfast and still came out that high. I'm surprised he was even able to find his truck, much less drive it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 01:59 pm
No telling how many things this guy tried to climb.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:56 pm
tinsword, I'm sure the guy wasn't exactly honest when he said he wasn't drinking since the night before. Then again, sounds like he's immune to alcohol, so who knows?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:02 pm
Yeah, I've heard of other people surviving binges that would kill whole herds of elephants, so who knows. Someone should call Guinness and see if he set a world record.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:14 pm
Unfortunately, Guinness doesn't recognize records like this that put people's lives in danger anymore.

I think this guy should be put in the spotlight. Create a tv show where contestants from all over the world go out with him and try to out-drink him. Good times.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:17 pm
Hey! You may have something there. They could call it "Under the Table", have a bar on the set, and run the show 24 hours a day on Pay-Per-View TV.
I think Guinness should put him in. His life couldn't have been in that much danger. I mean, he lived, so that has to count for something, right? Stupid Guinness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:12 pm
Ask Dasha about the vodka drinking champ.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:25 pm
bwahaha.

i posted that somewhere on a2k. that was priceless. the winner (this was, naturally, in russia) drank nearly a bucket of vodka (gallon if not more). First prize: 10 liters of vodka, of course. He actually started to enjoy his prize, when he said "I just shat my pants" and dropped dead.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:38 pm
<chuckles>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:40 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
bwahaha.

i posted that somewhere on a2k. that was priceless. the winner (this was, naturally, in russia) drank nearly a bucket of vodka (gallon if not more). First prize: 10 liters of vodka, of course. He actually started to enjoy his prize, when he said "I just shat my pants" and dropped dead.

Are you serious? That's funny.

Damn Eastern Euro alcoholics.

I should move.
0 Replies