Big Bang Theory

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 05:50 am
GRRRR Im sorry but Im breaking my own rule because spendi has once again shown that hes unaware of the Dover decision.spendi says , with emphasis
Quote:
Judge Jones,in Dover, failed to give due weight to the fact that the school board had been elected.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONGJones spent49 pages of his 139 page decision9ABOUT 35% of his writing space) directly attacking the schoolboard and its twisted illegal mission, its "stealth means of election", its insincerity, and its one-minded goal to set up some sort of religious endorsement in the sciences. Had you read the actual decision, (as you stated to timber or set waaay many moons ago), you would have seen and (possibly) remembered that little fact .
On page 90, Jones describes the use of the Lemon test in this case as a means to "advance or inhibit religion" and "It created an excessive entanglement of the government with religion" (LEMON. 403 US at 612-613)
Jones enumerated the Lemon Test interventions applied by the school board (which was elected on a platform of fiscal austerity alone)
As we recall, in this case, before Judge Jones rendered his opinion, the people spoke clearly in the elections, in that they removed the school board previously elected on the principals of fical austerity. The electorate felt cheated and hoodwinked so , in order to have their voices heard clearly, they voted out everybody who favored ID.
I know splendis memory is selective and focused, but these little facts have a habit of getting in the way . He often posts things as if he were knowledgeable , but, dear reader, remember what Adlai Stevenson said "Shouting is no substitute for thinking"
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:40 am
fm-wrote-

Quote:
So peddle your tripe elsewhere spendi.

That's a version of the "little screen" that Mr Fenyman mentioned.

fm also wrote-

Quote:
This is a thread on BIG BANG, Im not going to discuss anything not related to that subject .

So what's this next post about then eh? Eh!

On that-

My screed of tripe did cover the point about "stealth means of election" but it obviously didn't register. The only election I ever heard of where stealth wasn't used much was in 1933. My point was that they were elected and it's the voter's fault if they were hoodwinked. They should pay more attention to who they elect and if they can't be bothered with that they should live with their choice until the next election.

Quote:
Had you read the actual decision, (as you stated to timber or set waaay many moons ago),

No chance. I didn't read the any of the 139 pages. Not a word outside bits on here. And I don't tell lies.

The Dover bit was only a rider anyway. What is a judge going to do in an area which is solid for ID by which I mean they will put back the same board. Dover is probably evenly divided on the issue. You get to a point where a judge over-rules an electorate do you? That seems a bit far out to me.

The main point is the "little screen" which comes down when some aspects of science are raised.

Can Dylan have had scientists in mind with-

"You can't look at much can you man?"

In Visions of Johanna.

Biology is just not neutral. It can't be compared to physics unless you stretch into a materialist theory of mind.

"Tripe" and "GRRRR" are more like shouting than anything I posted.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:23 pm
splendi
Quote:
No chance. I didn't read the any of the 139 pages. Not a word outside bits on here. And I don't tell lies.

So thats at least 2 lies on you. You DiD expound that you read Judge Jones decision and understood it. Im not going a searching .
bye
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:15 pm
fm-

I might very well have expounded on it. I like expounding on things. Isn't it why we all come on here. You've done a fair bit of expounding yourself just while I've been on A2K. I shudder to think what was BS.

There were bits on here to go at and there were interpretations and a few assertions which may have led to detours and what not. (Should there be a ? there?- I like to get decent English done so as not to insult my readers).

And I had some theories about the dynamics of the case backstairs derived from my knowledge of human nature which I'll admit might have seemed a bit fanciful.

But I certainly didn't read it and I'm sure I never claimed I had. I did do a bit of research into Dover. Looks a very nice place to live. Is it a nice place for a working holiday?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:17 pm
Time for Mr Hops .
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 05:28 pm
I already did.

I hopped off to hops before you hopped onto the thread.

I hop you enjoyed it as mulch as I did.

I hadn't been hopped onto the hops for very long when a lady hopper hopped over.

Natch I hopped evasively.The Sarge had told me when I was very young and thought a nest was something birds laid eggs in-

"Spendi", he said,authoritatively,as is the way of Sarges," if a lady hopper hops over hop off quick".

He had obviously been traumatised by lady hoppers and had not hopped off fast enough and was a bit bitter about it. As well he might have been.

Anyway- I have survived. The hopper was a bit of an old broiler so it was easy.

These young lads though. I don't know what to tell them.

Should I pass on the Sarge's advice or should I just let them stew?

What do you think?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:24 pm
Spendi,you know what the heart and soul of wit includes ?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:32 am
Quote:
The natural ability to perceive and understand; intelligence.

Keenness and quickness of perception or discernment; ingenuity. Often used in the plural: living by one's wits.
wits Sound mental faculties; sanity.

The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously humorous manner the relationship between seemingly incongruous or disparate things.
One noted for this ability, especially one skilled in repartee.
A person of exceptional intelligence.

I don't think one has a duty to amuse one's companions but I do think it important to try.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:28 pm
when you have to post someone elses words, youve answered my question, and its NO.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:32 pm
bm
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 05:42 pm
Twhank you fm-

It's nice to know that you know how my gob works.

Do you know things like that about others. That's real intimacy. I'm moved to the heart of my bottom.
0 Replies