Authors of Indian Origin fan club

Heatwave

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 08:49 am
Last evening, I received an early b'day present - Jhumpa Lahiri's newest Unaccustomed Earth. It is a collection of eight 'long short stories.' I have read about 15 pages of the first one, and it is Exquisite. I think Jhumpa Lahiri's own life experiences as a wife, mother have enriched her writing even more. I cannot wait to read the whole book. I'm bummed I've SO much going on that I'll only get a chance to read 10 or so pages at a time. Well, maybe that way I'll savor it instead of gobbling it whole.

My year is made already.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:19 am
I saw that you'd posted something new here and thought "I wonder if it's about the new Jhumpa Lahiri book?"

:-)

I got an email from Amazon saying they had it for 41% off, or something. I'm gonna go ahead and buy it. I absolutely adore her and it sounds like she's managed to get even better...! Thanks for the nudge.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 11:52 am
I'm sure you won't regret it, Sozobe. I'd love to hear your thoughts as you read along...

Meanwhile, I'm still at 15 pages. My husband has decided that HE gets to read it first. One, because I'm supposed to be studying at every available minute of the day, and two, because he adores JH too. And he only reads techie geek-type mags & stuff.
0 Replies