Lovatts Cryptic 104(Stuck Again)

farkha

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:02 am
1a. Entangled?
5d. Donning?
39d. Tempt?
45a. Pack Backs??
77a. Third Rate??
UK Cryptic 174 matches your 104 ( I think).Sorry I have put answers instead of clues. Having seen very few posts, it appears you all have completed the puzzle.
Help please. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 643 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:58 am
Hi Farkha

Long time no see my friend, trust you are well. Your answers are all correct except for 45a. The answer here is "picklocks".

Picking a lock stands for illegal entry, house breaking etc. Locks is an Australian term for rugby forwards I understand. Good luck with your entry.

I know my answers are correct as they have been checked by no other than the Cryptic Queen "Madam Butterfly".

Regards Dutchy
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:04 am
Hi Farkha,

Long time no see! It's good to catch up with you again my friend Very Happy, hope you are well.

Dutchy has you in very safe hands! :wink:

Take care Farkha, hope to talk to you again soon.
Warm regards, Butterfly Very Happy
0 Replies

farkha

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:17 pm
Dutchy, Butterfly. Nice to be talking to you again too. Thanks for the conformation and correction. I do not have the crypticability of Butterfly and Lezzles -e.g. trying to determine what sailors tie better than granny! Dutchy,glad to see you ace-ing the Cryptics. Hope you guys enjoy your winter - wez got all your summer heat over here! Be good, all.
0 Replies