Jose Can You See...

snood

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 10:15 am
cjhsa wrote:
You going to have a grand old time calling cj names? It just underscores the fact that you don't have an arguing position.

Nope, just underscores that you're a bigot.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:11 am
He asked a question about the US national anthem being sung in Spanish--and having a few words changed--and that makes him a bigot?

You should have some evidence to back that up, should you? What is it?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:16 am
Maybe it's the 17 other race-baiting threads he's started, all with the same theme-- the evil Mexicans are threatening our glorious Caucasian civilization, blah,blah,blah...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:18 am
FreeDuck wrote:
...Given our history, I'm surprised we don't have a national anthem in at least 17 different languages. If people want to sing the praises of America, we should let them.

Absolutely right! In fact, the 1st Amendment says we have to let them. I'd actually enjoy hearing the anthem in all the languages that America represents. (Not at the same time, though. Laughing )

Lessee, my ancestors came from Ireland. I think they'd approve of a Gaelic version; they were awfully happy to make it to America, but they hated the English. Considering how they were persecuted in their home country as well as America, no doubt they'd sympathize with today's Mexican immigrants.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:23 am
Eva wrote:

Lessee, my ancestors came from Ireland. I think they'd approve of a Gaelic version; they were awfully happy to make it to America, but they hated the English. Considering how they were persecuted in their home country as well as America, no doubt they'd sympathize with today's Mexican immigrants.

Just for you Eva...

Star Spangled Banner in Gaelic
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:29 am
Wow, theres four verses of this horrid song.

As an Orioles fan, we have a long standing tradition at the 'yard to holler out the last OOOOooooo!!!
In the line with-" Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave?"

We all holler out OOOO say!!! with a raising inflection so it sounds like AAAYYYyyoooooo (one syllable)

Dumb, but fun.

How we gonna find the O in the Jimnos.??
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:38 am
snood wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
You going to have a grand old time calling cj names? It just underscores the fact that you don't have an arguing position.

Nope, just underscores that you're a bigot.

Aren't you in the military? The Guard? What will you do when you get called up to defend the border? Accept bribes for access, perhaps?
You've made it quite clear from your posts here on A2K that you are insubordinate to your current boss.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:53 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Just for you Eva...

Star Spangled Banner in Gaelic

Cool!

Now, if I could only read Gaelic! (Would love to actually hear it sung. Too bad it's a dying language, it's really beautiful.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:00 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It just boggles the mind that anyone who isn't directly benefitting from it could support illegal aliens marching in our streets demanding rights.

Isn't that exactly what the Europeans did when they arrived in the 1600s and beyond? They didn't quite march and demand as much as they marched, killed and took what they wanted.

Who do you know that doesn't directly benefit from the services provided by those here illegally? Unless you are growing your own food, weaving your own cotton and shearing your own wool, you are probably directly benefitting from their presence.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:02 pm
I , in no way , eat breathe and **** america to the point where it offends me to hear it in another language.

in fact, I find it flattering that people would actually take the time to learn that song in thier native tongue.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:14 pm
Don't you think the timing is kind of bad though? This song was written to give them something to sing/play at their maches.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:14 pm
crassly put, she-wolf... i agree.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:27 pm
I think the timing was excellent. his song was written to give them something to sing/play at their maches.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:27 pm
Quote:
It just boggles the mind that anyone who isn't directly benefitting from it could support illegal aliens marching in our streets demanding rights.

I agree with you, cj. If anyone wants to enter our country, to visit or to work and live, they should do it legally.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:36 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:

I agree with you, cj. If anyone wants to enter our country, to visit or to work and live, they should do it legally.

That's all well and good, except US corporations and agribusinesses have been enticing migrants across the border for decades with promises of employment and the government has been content to turn a blind eye to whether the immigration was legal or not; there's a whole system of back-scratching involved, including cheap labor for the companies and cheaper goods and services for the American people. The immigrants are the symptom, not the disease. They're also low man on the totem pole in terms of money and power, which makes for a VERY convenient scapegoat.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:51 pm
I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that US corporations and agribusinesses have been "enticing" immigrants across the border; though, I'll admit that some are willing to take advantage of them once they are over the border.

(And how do you know that all illegal immigrants are taking jobs at corporations and agribusinesses? There is no way to track them.)

I still don't see how that changes my basic point, though.

If you enter another country -- for whatever reason -- the very least you can do is honor their laws.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:59 pm
Quote:

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that US corporations and agribusinesses have been "enticing" immigrants across the border

I absolutly would.

having BEEN to mexico I know for a FACT that american companies , farmers, and simple labor seekers prostitute themselves horribly as a 'good american job'.

It is big business for companies and people to cross that border, bring a few workers back , pay them a few dollars an hour, and let them go.

Until you have been to mexico and have seen thier side of the border, you are clueless as to why they are doing what they are.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:02 pm
I certainly agree that businesses both big and small are also part of the problem. At my former residence in CA, my neighbor on one side ran a tree service. On the other side, there was a home being constructed. Just about every morning at 7:00 AM, the workers were standing in my front yard chatting LOUDLY in spanish. While I didn't go check their papers, I'd be willing to bet at least half of them were illegals, because they spoke no English whatsoever and typically rode up on bicycles. Is that profiling? I guess, but it isn't much of a stretch.

Hell some of my friends who were contractors hired these guys off the streets. I would argue with them and they'd say "But they're such hard workers and so inexpensive, I have to compete with other contractors...". They're all addicted to it like crack.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:02 pm
Quote:
having BEEN to mexico I know for a FACT that american companies , farmers, and simple labor seekers prostitute themselves horribly as a 'good american job'.

So you're saying that's the case with every person who crosses the border illegally?

They're all literally bribed to come over here? Let's not make sweeping generalizations, ok? Because that actually sounds pretty clueless.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:06 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:

So you're saying that's the case with every person who crosses the border illegally?

They're all literally bribed to come over here? Let's not make sweeping generalizations, ok? Because that actually sounds pretty clueless.

Why do you think they're willing to risk dying while crossing the desert in Arizona? $$$$$$$$$

It's all about money.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/23/2024 at 01:46:48