THE DOGGIE DIASPORA AT THE KUVASZ RANCH

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 11:38 pm
Listening if you feel like talking.
You have gotten one hell of a blow, which of course you already know, I'm just saying.

Have you annotated any of your memories re the different dogs, beyond what is on here at a2k or at the vets'? Maybe just look up what you ever said...
Not that it is so psychologically smart to get into that, but...also,,, annotating may help you walk out grief.

I can only imagine your grief.

And yet, as dogs and we get older, we have areas of wonder. Would that my few immediate friends take care of the Pacco if I crump. Not all of us have children or nearby array of close friends if the immediates can't deal.

Some pets out long live us... which is another question, somewhat related.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:13 am
Lash, my friend, thank you for the nice words and concerns. I had an embolic stroke, and I had high blood pressure, unknown to me since I had seen a doctor only 12-15 months ago and did not have it then. I smoked but not even two packs a week of a "lite" cigarette. Funny, when asked by the hospital nurse if I stopped smoking, I told them "yes, immediately," and they were surprised I did it instantly. I told them I was more addicted to life than I was nicotine.

ossobuco….. long ago, on the web site called "Dogster.com I had placed a series of biographies of all my dogs I had but for Luckie, Raja, and Little Bit (I had assumed as humans always do, that there was time, always time enough to do things).

Biographies:

Kodi http://www.dogster.com/?60519

Aja(I) http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=60501&j=t

Aja(II) http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=60733&j=t

Abba http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=60722&j=t

Doctor J http://dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=60752&j=t
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:30 am
More than I have done for the Pacc. Really, all mems of the Pacco are here on a2k somewhere, or in the mind of whoever let him get out of the car on Pacific Coast Highway and never called local shelters afterward.

Let me guess, with his former masters he barked too much!!
He sat in that humane shelter cage for a month, having been nabbed walkin' down highway 101.

Perhaps all many of us need is that someone got something from us and passed it on.

Life is short, art is long.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:30 am
You write about your dogs beautifully, kuvasz. I hope there's more to come. (Also about you, too!)
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 06:01 pm
well, I just got off the phone with the lady who adopted Dr J for me. Doc is doing great, has lost a few pounds, and has wheedled his way into the hearts of their whole family. he is adjusting well with no problems for the family. that makes me feel so good that he is okay.

it is so great to hear!

now for the saga of HOME ALONE (....with Little Bit.)

for over a month since I have retuned from the hospital all I have had in the house is Little Bit, (the little bitty dog!). she has slept with me on the couch or bed whenever I am home. she barks at the squirrels when she goes out and loves to hide under the cover on the bed.. I have to be careful when ever I sit on the bed, lest I accidently crush her!

Well, on Saturday morning about 4 AM I got up to use the bathroom, with Little Bit following me.. as I turned on the light, I noticed Little Bit run down the hallway and then start barking up a storm. By the time I got to the bathroom door, there appeared two black streaks running up the hallway, one a cat, the other Little Bit in chase. Both the cat and Little Bit ran right past me and out the back door I had a fixed jar so Little Bit could go outside in case she had to. the darned cat had snuck insider my house and was wondering around the front of the house when Little Bit heard it.

I never had a cat in the yard, let alone the house before and Little Bit was protecting me and the house.

the next day, I was sitting at my computer typing with Little Bit on my lap and she froze, I looked over my shoulder, and the same cat was looking in my open front door! Little Bit jumped to the floor and chased the cat over the porch, down the steps and right to fence, where the cat squeezed thru a crack in the gate.

I am not quite physically ready to bring back any of the big dogs, but it seems time I start thinking about it seriously!

and the odd thing, I think the cat was bigger than Little Bit! but its not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog, and after all, she is upholding the honor of the Kuvasz Pack!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 06:09 pm
Perhaps what you need is a cat!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 07:18 pm
Blasphemy!!!

We need big dogs!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 07:35 pm
Kuvasz
I just saw this and am another one with tears streaming down my face. I am so sorry to hear of your strokes and the sadness you feel from having to give away your beloved dogs.
I am happy to hear that you found good homes for them, though.

Now you need to take very good care of yourself, ya hear!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 07:58 pm
Montana wrote:
Kuvasz
I just saw this and am another one with tears streaming down my face. I am so sorry to hear of your strokes and the sadness you feel from having to give away your beloved dogs.
I am happy to hear that you found good homes for them, though.

Now you need to take very good care of yourself, ya hear!

hey gal, thank you very much for your kind words. it is now 2 months to the day the stroke struck, I am worlds better than the day I was wheeled out of the hospital.

I am recovering, thanks to four physical therapy sessions a week, I am up to about 75-80% strength and mobility on my left side of my body. I can walk now without a cane, but still have difficulty bending my knee and ankle. going up and down steps is awful hard to do. but, within a month I hope to get back one and maybe two of my dogs. right now all I have is the little Chihuahua and my yard has been invaded by cats, rabbits, possums and raccoons. so I need the big dogs back!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:09 pm
I'm so glad you're much better and your recovery is coming along quickly :-D
Warm wishes going your way and am looking forward to your joy when you can bring a few of your big boys back home :-)

(((((((Hugs))))))
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:14 pm
kuvasz,
I've missed you. I only saw this now and it is so heartbreaking. I can barely believe it. I am just so glad that you are alive and recovering now. I'll be sending out good vibes. I hope you are able to reunite with at least some of your pack soon.

It's really good to see you back here and the biographies, your stories of your life are lovely. You tell with such heart, it's lovely.

Please take care.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:12 pm
Yes, it's always good to see you back here, and I'm thrilled to hear your recovery is going so well!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:30 pm
littlek wrote:
Perhaps what you need is a cat!

No perhaps about it.

Man needs a cat.

And, I suspect, he may already have one.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:10 am
So Dr J has found a happy home! That's terrific, kuvasz! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 10:28 am
Kuvasz--

I'm glad your work towards full mobility is paying off. That valiant chihuahua needs an assistant.
0 Replies