I Think that I Made a Real Mess this Time...................

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:34 am
I have the set-up dadpad suggests. I use Firefox as my default browser and have a IE shortcut on my desktop that I use for one site run by MSN.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:48 am
J_B wrote:
I have the set-up dadpad suggests. I use Firefox as my default browser and have a IE shortcut on my desktop that I use for one site run by MSN.

That is exactly what I plan to do!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:52 am
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just get so fed up with messy desktops. I work in an environment where we share machines/login sessions and some folks just drop crap all over the place. My boss doesn't have room on his laptop display for one more icon - it's retarded.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:58 am
cjhsa- When I got my first computer, about seven years ago, I completely covered my desktop with icons. I think that one time I counted 65. I had a tech come in for servicing. He took one look at my desktop, and told me that I was looking for trouble, especially since I was a newbie, and did not know much about computers at the time.

He told me to limit myself to no more than 15. Well, it has crept up to 21, but hey, it is a lot better than 65! :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:59 am
cjhsa wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just get so fed up with messy desktops. I work in an environment where we share machines/login sessions and some folks just drop crap all over the place. My boss doesn't have room on his laptop display for one more icon - it's retarded.

Don't have to go onto the desktop. Can use the taskbar.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 06:20 am
OK- Was feeling "frisky" again this morning. this time when I downloaded Firefox, I kept IE as the default browser. This will give me time to "play" with Firefox, and see if I want to keep it as the default.

It's funny. One of the first things that I did was to check both IE and Firefox on one of the internet "speed tests". They come out virtually the same, although Firefox appears to load individual pages faster. Hmmm...........

One of the things that I love is the tabbed browsing. I have a bunch of sites that I check for films that I want to order on Blockbuster Online. I am always going back and forth thru Blockbuster, Amazon, MRQE and IMDB. The tabbed browsing makes it so much more convenient.

Oh, BTW, a new version of IE just came out, and they also have tabbed browsing (copycats! Laughing ) It is still in Beta though, so I don't think that I will fool around with it yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/25/AR2006042501910.html
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:27 am
I have been playing all morning (I really need to get outta here) with the Mozilla Firefox. It is really GREAT!!! I don't know why I was so "chicken" in the past! Embarrassed [/b]
0 Replies