Got them old weevils in the triticale flakes blues......

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:52 pm
Festive!

I'd imagine that Danskos are available anywhere via internet... but sounds like you already have that problem solved.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 09:47 pm
Oh, that is interesting...not tha I need danskos, but, do people buy SHOES on the net?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:05 am
Fer sure. I'm not sure how it would work in Australia, but I do a lot of shoe shopping via Zappos.com now. Usually I do my research there (because they have a really nice set-up, good search function + informative reviews), then once I narrow down a brand/style I want, see if it's cheaper anywhere else. They have a 110% price guarantee (as in, if you find it cheaper somewhere else, they'll match that price and give you an additional 10% off). They ship it free, and you can return it free. (I'm not sure how those last two parts work for Australia.)

Aw, just checked, they don't ship internationally.

Here we go, this site is international and has a lot of Danskos, on sale to boot:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/InternationalShipping.html

Anyway, I know it's not that you need 'em, was just curious whether it could be done. I have a pair of sandals sitting in my closet now that I ordered online; they fit fine, but I don't like the HIGH arch support (don't need that much) and the very low heel ("negative heel technology" or something, feels weird though, heel is lower than toes). So I told the company, printed out a free UPS label they sent, and will seal the box back up, affix label, and drop them off at the local UPS store, no muss no fuss. (Don't have to pay.) Meanwhile I exchanged them for my second choice, hope those turn out. I've gone searching at local stores to try them on but none have them.

This whole thing started with me wanting an extremely specific kind of shoe -- a dark brown walking sandal that was also stylish enough to wear with skirts -- and online research rocks for that. If you're just browsing, it gets a bit overwhelming. (As with anything else on the internet...)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:15 am
But but but.....how on earth would you know if they would fit/be comfortable?????

I know my foot size, but, as with dress size, what size actually FITS varies from item to item...as for comfort? Oy veh!

I am amazed!

Obviously works though, or it wouldn't keep going.

Wow.

I wouldn't buy shoes that way in a fit, though.

Edit:

Sandals, mebbe...which I see is what you started with....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:24 am
Yeah, I know what you mean about dress size/ shoe size. There are a few ways around it. One is to go with makers you know (I have Kenneth Cole Reaction shoes in size 9 that fit well, so this new shoe from Kenneth Cole Reaction in size 9 is likely to fit). Another is evidently a new service in direct response to the popularity of Zappos and its ilk -- you can go to a shoe repairman and get your feet measured for a specific brand. Like, "I want to buy some Danskos, what size do I wear?"

Then also Zappos has a "feels true to size" standard measure, where people say if the shoe felt bigger than marked, smaller than marked, or exactly right. There is often advice in the reviews -- "order half a size bigger than usual", and the like.

Anyway, I know it sounds weird, but I'm a convert. Works great if you're going for something specific.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:57 am
I haven't found a Danskos purveyor yet in Albuquerque, except for my lucky find at the GoodWill shoppe, so I may buy my next pair online..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:12 pm
Hmmmm...shall today be the day I put together my "new" computer desk....which has been languishing in two cardboard boxes propped up against the wall for lo these many moons?

Or, shall I begin sorting papers, and continue the book cull?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:24 pm
I think you should make a nice cup of coughfee first, and then dive into the book cull.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:39 pm
I've had the coffee...taps fingers...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:48 am
Ok...more books culled......no more books stored on blanket box and coffee table in living room.

Magazine cull begins....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:53 am
Save em for the outhouse.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:29 am
[bag of clothes at front door, waiting to be dropped off at Goodwill later today]

I found the most divine Cool pin to wear with those scarves of power ...

http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/jewelry/pinsbyKen/HeartKissBunnies.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 12:47 pm
Is that a pin or a pastie?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:09 pm
Around here, we EAT pasties...they are oddly shaped, mainly vegetable, pastries.

I have SIX bags to be dropped off at Goodwill!

That is a cute brooch, Beth.

Day off the purification today.....I am off to the country to have lunch and take in some chlorophyll....

Oh, and here's a pasty.

http://telematics.ex.ac.uk/realcornwall/foodanddrink/images/pasty.jpg

Now I know why we are the only state in Oz to call them that, too. We have a strong Cornish tradition in SA...they came as miners to this state.

And...these things are Cornish pasties!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:16 pm
Dlowan--

The "A" in pasty, Cornish Pasty is broad enough to cushion the miner should he happen to run afoul of the Tommyknockers and be pitchforked down the mine shaft.

Not only have I lived in Cornwall, I'm just north of the Slate Belt where transplanted Cornishmen are ten for the shilling.

The "A" in pastie is sneered with the hauteur of a Good Woman contemplating the possibility of confronting a stripper's nipples.

I know women like that only by repute.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:17 pm
Noddy, it bothers me that more people don't know how to pronouce the different forms of "pasty." Your description is absolutely the most wonderful way to explain it that I can even imagine.

As a matter of fact, I am off to the sig lines thread... Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:15:01