Got them old weevils in the triticale flakes blues......

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:53 pm
Got them old cleaning out the pantry blues.....
Got them old weevils in the triticale flakes blues...
Got them can't understand why they eat diet jelly crystals
And not soy beans wonderings....

I am broke...as ever...so have decided to have a cleansing and purifying
sort of holiday...you know, do all the getting rid th friends...of/cleaning up/fixing/rearranging things that are hard to do when working.

So...so far, I have the top shelves of one of my wardrobes stuff all over the floor around me...

I have the pantry cleaning about a quarter done....and a garbag of stuff thrown from pantry and fridge that is so heavy that I cannot lift it, nor will the bag retain structural integrity if I do...oh well...cross that bridge...

The washing machine is doing its thing for the third time, with several to go...

And, the cinema is calling me.....as is coffeee with friends.....

Help keep me true!

Why DO weevils eat diet jelly crystals and not healthy beans?

WHY do we buy stuff and forget it?

Why is the "stuff" always so overwhelming?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,271 • Replies: 75
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:56 pm
Stuff queen, here to answer questions.

Yes?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:57 pm
Why do I become all quiverous and noncoping at the thought of having to deal with it all?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:02 pm
You feel overwhelmed by the merest weight of closet invaders. You must begin to separate your sense of self from these, yes, flibbertygibbets.

Personally I support the importation of a whole bay tree to your kitchen and or your bedroom. After that, you'll be just fine.

Please check my website, [email protected]

note, be sure to provide proper depth of soil for the fragile tree roots...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:08 pm
What are jelly crystals?

I actually did start tossing bay leaves and lavender saches all over after a terrible moth invasion a few years ago. Seemed to help. I put them in drawers, closets, pantry. I put the bay leaf (maybe Osso was the one to recommend this back then) into big plastic containers with vulnerable pastas, flours, cereals and such. I don't suggest that you put the lavender into the pantry bins as I still have a pound of lavender scented flour I don't know what to do with.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:10 pm
break it down into achievable goals bunny.
one shelf at time.

You can do this....... I know you can.

C'MOOOOOORN
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:13 pm
littlek wrote:
What are jelly crystals?

http://www.kzone.com.au/transient/aeroplanejelly/home.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:15 pm
LittleK, I've had bay leaves work, but they must be kept fresh, it seems to me No waiting six months to change them.
I don't know about the rest of it except that I guess eucalyptus leaves work too. But... I'm not all so sure about putting them in my flour.

Hah, at this point my new small house is a target for all possible pests. Gulp. Where are you, Pacco, start barking!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:19 pm
Oh, the weevils are not the problem...the sheer weight of stuff to be sorted, culled (having been culled often before), tidied....I have too much in a small space...it is closing in on me....and the living room....how, finallly, to make it work.....and something has to go from the living room...but what...

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:20 pm
dadpad wrote:
littlek wrote:
What are jelly crystals?

http://www.kzone.com.au/transient/aeroplanejelly/home.html

Yes, this explains everything..... not.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:23 pm
You add hot water to them to make jelly.

You don't have jelly crystals?

Gelatine powder, flavouring, and sugar...or, in my case, sweetener.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:25 pm
dadpad wrote:
break it down into achievable goals bunny.
one shelf at time.

You can do this....... I know you can.

C'MOOOOOORN

I CAn'T!!! I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'TTTTTT!!!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:28 pm
Sorry k aeroplane jelly is a very famouse brand name here in OZ.

jelly crystals are fruit flavored and coloured sugar and ?? prolly gelatine add hot water to dislove crystals and refrigerate. I dont know what you guys call this product.

http://www.actrader.com.au/ProductionLines/JellyCrystal/JellyCrystal.html
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:38 pm
dadpad wrote:
jelly crystals are fruit flavored and coloured sugar and ?? prolly gelatine add hot water to dislove crystals and refrigerate. I dont know what you guys call this product.

And, in my present mood, I could dislove anything.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:45 pm
Jello?

now now, hunnybunny,..... just a little,...... for good old dadpad.

There will be a special surprise ^^

Here look I'll help I'm so good at this.

You bring that bin over here now get matches and newspaper............and petrol...........oh this is so much fun isnt it
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 02:32 am
I did another one and a half shelves!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:09 am
great effort wabbit, really good.

Sooner than you think it will all be over and you'll laugh about it and have something to tell the grandkittens about. well done! you deserve a mr man stamp http://members.tripod.com/~DaveML/museumbooks/miss-neat.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:13 am
I'm a vomiting now, thanks to that thing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:20 am
As you might imagine, I've got scads to say about this. Smile

Just go slowly. It wasn't all accumulated in one day, so it won't all go away in one day, either.

If you're committed to dumping out stuff, make it something you do more or less daily (you take a day off? Fine!), but in small chunks.

One day: shirts in the closet. Just shirts.
Day two: just skirts.
Day three: just pants.
Day four: just sweaters.
Day five: just dresses.
Day six: just suits.
Day seven: shelf one.
Day eight: drawer one.

Or whatever floats your boat. If you have a lot of matched pieces, you might want to work on them together, e. g. you'll never wear the periwinkle outfit again, nope, it doesn't work with anything else, not even the separates, okay, off they go.

One thing here, turbotax offers it, is a listing of how much everything is worth for your taxes. I have started to put together stuff and also a list. It's very satisfying to see -- this is going to be $20 off next year, this will be $14, this will be $22 or whatever. You need not be that organized about the actual discardings. This is just something that's working for me, personally. I just like seeing it cumulate and turn into something tangible, a reward for being neater.

As for food, the way to work on this is to (a) do the discarding as you are doing it and (b) make shopping lists. The detailed kind. We have a program (RP does it in Autocad but it can just as easily be done in Word or Excel or even Notepad) with the list in it. Need a list? Print it out. We have a bunch printed out and stuck to the fridge with a clip with a magnet. A pen is attached. See something you need? Check off the box. Don't need it? Cross it out. But this list is detailed and even organized by aisle (if the store changes where things are, change the list). And it's got spaces for extra stuff. But there are staples we buy every week -- milk, bagged salad, that sort of thing, and this list has all of that on it. Do we impulse buy weird stuff? Rarely. There isn't a lot of room on the list for it, or in our budget. Once the staples are bought, we don't do a lot of impulse shopping. And, of course, we only buy on full stomachs and we also make sure to check the fridge and pantry before going to the store.

Also, store the food better, Anything in an opened cardboard box should be transferred to a closed ziplock bag. This is good to keep out insects but not mice. If you need to keep out mice, you need a stronger barrier, such as a canister. We have several nice ones on counters, but also plastic ones (rice and cous cous are sold that way here, so we just pull off the labels and wash out the containers. Instant less than attractive but very functional canister) that are kept inside the cabinets. You can also organize stuff by keeping it in lines, e. g. all of your canned tomatoes are next to the left-side wall of a cabinet, all your canned soup is next to the right side wall or whatever. That way you know what is there and you also know what you're running out of.

You can do it!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:53 am
TAX???????
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Got them old weevils in the triticale flakes blues......
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:17:29