Into the ground or into the furnace.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:23 pm
Unless you're buried at sea, of course.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 05:14 am
I will have to get back to you on this one...oh wait, I'll be dead.

Hmm...so many choices as to where one goes upon their demise. What is your reason for asking, are you trying to figure out which outfits to pack for the journey?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 06:38 am
This is the science forum right? Since the body is an electro-chemical machine, and thoughts are electrical currents in the brain, when the body dies, we simply cease to exist. At least, that's the discussion based on evidence and logic.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 06:43 am
I have heard the only certainty concerning death is that Republicans go straight to hell.

Everything else is nebulous.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 06:47 am
And,by the way, sciencewiz123, I really liked what you did with the title of this thread. Most people would have labeled it "Death" and perhaps achieved a few cursory glances, but you used "DEATH!!"

The capital letters and use of the double exclamation mark attracted me like a moth to a porchlight.

Nice job.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 03:57 pm
Re: DEATH!!
sciencewiz123 wrote:
Where do we go after death? Question

Define 'death'.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 03:59 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
This is the science forum right? Since the body is an electro-chemical machine, and thoughts are electrical currents in the brain, when the body dies, we simply cease to exist. At least, that's the discussion based on evidence and logic.

That's about the top and bottom to it.

If anyone else has any evidence for anything other than this then speak up and show us all your data.
I, for one, would be intensely interested to see what you have.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:26 pm
The worms get the soft stuff. The bones can be a bit harder to dispose of.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 05:01 pm
It's being so cheerful is what keeps me going your worship.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 12:47 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Interesting that the bible agrees: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish."(Psalm 146:4)

Makes you wonder where all this immortal soul gobbledygook comes from, eh?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:32 pm
I was at work today and I saw some printed color copy of a little story about the recently-deceased CEO of the company I work for now. He looked so young. Probably about in his late forties or so. The article was talking about how charming he apparently was. He looked like a nice guy. And now he's just a body buried in the ground.

And someday I'll be there too. Do you ever try to imagine what it's like to be dead? Or worse yet, what it will be like to die? Is there any way to even begin to imagine what the last few seconds of your life will be like? Will you accept it bravely and with dignity when it comes, or will you piss yourself with fear and dread in some lonely hospital bed, too weak to call for help even if you wanted to, and quietly just...stop...living? Will you cry? Will you smile? Will it hurt?

Yechh. Contemplating that stuff gives me the heebie-jeebies. What could suck worse than dying?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:54 pm
Death, as a personal state, is meaningless. Once my system shuts down there'll be no "me" to "exist" or "non-exist" in a state of death (no subject, no predicate).
I'm no more concerned with my "afterlife" than I am with my "before birth." No me, no problem. But, then, there isn't even a "me" now--but that's another problem.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 01:03 am
Re: DEATH!!
Heliotrope wrote:
Define 'death'.
Presence of the tree of knowledge.
0 Replies