A "Get The Smegging Wabbit" Digression: or Bunny Fights Back

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:02 pm
dlowan? hello? that was the evil cousin, right?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:02 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:16 pm
hmmm, you just sneak into australia, and rabbits fly left and right from under the wheels!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:20 pm
i didn't sneak in. i just didn't tell them i was coming. Razz
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:21 pm
that's not correct. i did tell them i would be in oz in may, just not when specifically. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 06:41 pm
they should have gotten themselves prepared better!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:12 pm
You realise that that "after" picture is the state of my heart after learning that Pueo SPURNED us - ALL of us, as far as I can tell.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:18 pm
pueo wrote:
margo wrote:
Owl - did you sneak into Oz without telling us!!! Evil or Very Mad

yes Razz

Mega-waaaahhhhh!!!!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 04:41 am
How does one sneak into Australia ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 05:10 am
Follow Pueo.

And where, pray tell, have you been?

We missed you!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 05:25 am
patiodog, in our house, the Irish is most popular, but most of our relatives prefer single malt. Rye would be at the bottom of the list, save for one or two premium ryes that are quite tasty...however, like most Canucks, it was popular with the grandparents.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:56 am
Since the grandparents made their own, it is very likely that wood alcohol would have been quite popular with them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 07:21 pm
hmmm, balvenie doublewood. or lagavulen, or tamnavulen, all of em good. too bad i only have GJ (grapefruit juice) at hand...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 07:29 pm
patiodog wrote:
Since the grandparents made their own, it is very likely that wood alcohol would have been quite popular with them.

My grandfather made his own in the prohibition days, and i am told that my mother and her twin sister used to have terrible fights when they were teen-agers over who had to go the store with a wheelbarrow to get the fifty pound bag of sugar, because it mortified them so much.

When i was a wee lad, i was always mystified about why two very large grape arbors only managed to produce a couple of jars of grape jelly each year . . . where were all those grapes goin' ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:01 pm
Lagavullin or however you spell it, I remember that, a good one. Once had a maven friend who had a selection of spirits for guests to try. Sigh. Very expensive to have a home bar like his now, sheesh. It was then too, in the eighties, but not sooooooo much.

My grandfather on my mother's side was a flaming drunk who the family was ashamed of. I remember him as an old man in the back room. Oh to go back there and talk to him now....

My mother was a teetotaler, as people who felt as she did were called then.

My father drank a bit from time to time, but those times were only sporadic, and not so very horrible.

When I was twenty one and still living at home (how I could go to college), he and I bought a six pack. My mother threw us both out until we came back without it.

Hmmm, I would like to talk to them both now.

Action and reaction, action and reaction...and so it goes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:08 pm
or doesn't - hic...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:09 pm
I thought you would all like to know that I have a horrid ear infection - with ears like mine, that smarts!

Waaaaaaaaaah!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:10 pm
Where's the party? I'll bring some champagne and Makers Mark.
Has the bunny been on a date with that huge, handsome bunny?
Hi, pueo--why did you avoid those lovely people of OZ? Do you know how dangerous it is to anger the bunny? She might go back to her evil, fanged self because you failed to meet her and pay homage. Poor pueo......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:34 pm
Homage? Smeg that! I just wanted to say hello!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 10:23 pm
it was a quick trip, couldn't get away for as many days as i wanted. if and when you aussies make up your mind on when the oz get together will happen. i'll be there.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 05:19:14