I Locked MY ((**(*&&*^&%^$%$) Key Inside the Truck

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:29 am
roger wrote:
You can buy tools like this, Joe?

Hell, yes. I'm sure there is a hardware store in NM that sells them.

OR you take a metal yardstick and file out a hook in the bottom end of it.

Every car is different, or so I read in Car Thieves Monthly so use your zen to figure out how your locks work.

... Once some guys and I were sweating bullets trying to get a car door open when a passerby said "Hey, can you push down on the Unlock button?" ....

With one guy spotting through the passenger sidewindow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mission accomplished in about a minute.

Joe(I don't own a car.)Nation
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:35 am
Miss Eva,

I have mine attached right underneath my floorboard of my truck. (Well, will move it now. :wink: )

I actually got mine at a dollar store here in Louisiana. Best dollar I ever spent.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:38 am
Oh edgar...I feel for you. I had to buy a hide-a-key and it sits in a hidden spot on my truck. It contains an ignition key and a spare house key. It's saved my ass countless times.

There's another hide-a-key hidden in a decorative stone in the garden with another spare front door key. I carved a spot for it with an angle grinder.You do what you gotta do...I guess.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:47 am
I thank you, Joe. And so will my hubby. I'll get him one for his birthday. This just may be the only tool he hasn't bought himself.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 11:01 am
I've had spare keys galore (in my desk at work, in my purse, gave copies to various friends and relatives) ever since the day that I read a post of sozobe's about locking her keys in her car - with small sozlet, a full cart of groceries, and in the winter as I recall.

Maybe someone will be similarly inspired by your unfortunate incident too, eb. I'm glad it all turned out ok.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:06 pm
Oh God, this brings up nightmarish memories of last summer...We went camping at Crater Lake, Oregon, which is about a seven hour drive away from home.

We started arguing on the drive over, and by the time we got to the campsite, tempers were frayed and we weren't thinking too clearly. I snap, "I'm getting out and taking a walk, you can stay here." He jumps out, snapping right back, "No, I'M taking a walk, YOU stay here!" and we both slam our doors at the same second.

Oops.

So there we are, locked out of the car (my dad's car, cause we borrowed it), seven hours from home, in the middle of nowhere at a campground. In the first heart-stopping second, I couldn't think of any way that we could get the door open except (O Horror) calling my dad back home and asking him to drive a couple hundred miles to unlock the car...and then I remembered that I also had his spare key, in my purse, on my seat in the car. Shocked Shocked

In a second when my head cleared, I realized we could just call a locksmith or something from the nearest town, so it wasn't as awful as I thought at first, but man, that awful moment of realization as we looked at the keys hanging from the ignition and thought of all the miles and miles and miles between us and home....!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:11 pm
Oh, and p.s., it turns out a park is a really good place to get locked out, because park rangers have all the same equipment that police have, and they'll still unlock your door for ya, which apparently police won't do anymore.

Yeah, and an embarrassing side note I just remembered: The nice park ranger asked if pulling the inside handle would unlock the door automatically, and I piped up in all my wisdom that it didn't...So he slaved and slaved on trying to pull up the button and worked on it for about 20 minutes in a swarm of mosquitoes...no luck...then decided to try the handle just in case, and bingo, the lock pops up...Silly me! Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 02:00 pm
Thanks everybody who posted good wishes.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 09:12:29