I Locked MY ((**(*&&*^&%^$%$) Key Inside the Truck

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
First time ever. Went to the new gas up station across from my neighborhood, sat there counting money, then got out and locked the doors. The clerk was very supportive, but she wanted to call an after hours locksmith. I said, "No, thanks. I have another plan." Called the guy who sold me this truck and got him to drive a key over. I hated getting him out, as he's not feeling too good.

Some folks suggested a hanger wire to get in, but I'm no good at that, plus, didn't want to mess up a nice truck.

Made it home, safe and sound, thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 47
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:21 pm
Yuck. I hate it when I do that. I got out of my truck at work last summer to look at something and without thinking flipped the door lock switch and closed the door. My keys were sitting in the console between the front seats. The guy from AAA came out an hour or so later and opened it up for me. Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:26 pm
I should have got AAA. Maybe I will, after this. I already have an extra key now, but one should never be complacent about these things, as i just found out.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:36 pm
I would have had your door unlocked within 30 seconds, Edgar, and without a scratch.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:40 pm
This happened to me once outside of a hardware store. I went to ask if I could call a locksmith and the guy behind the counter said I didn't have to. He pulled out this flat hook thingy, went to my truck, slipped it down the window and POP- the lock was open. He says it happens all the time and he keeps the hook thingy around for just that reason (was that you Gus?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:42 pm
I am a clutz about this stuff. A ten year old kid could probably out do me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:43 pm
FIrst time ever? I'm impressed. I don't do it often, maybe only the one time I locked my keys in the trunk. We had to take out my back seat in college. It was kind of funny.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:44 pm
Green Witch, didn't you tell me this was your busy season? You had better get to bed, woman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:44 pm
First time to lock my key in. I used to have a habit of throwing any and every key into dumpsters, along with handfulls of trash.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:45 pm
I have acute insomnia, I only sleep about 4 hours per night, but thank you for your concern Gus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:48 pm
And I thank you for thanking me.

I worry about you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:48 pm
Gus has a heavy uterus. I'd watch him.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:49 pm
Is that the first time you'd noticed my new sig, Edgar?

I am quite pleased with it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 10:22 pm
Edgar - I am way more likely to misplace my keys than to lock them in. I'm sure I've tossed them in the trash before.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:20 pm
Keep a key in your billfold. It not only gets you in, it gives your friendly Transportation Safety guy a hard way to go. I keep a Wells Fargo id key of my keyring for the same reason. There's a little bar that gets smaller every 10 seconds, and after every minute, the number changes. They look it over but don't want to sound dumb enough to ask.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:27 pm
Re: I Locked MY ((**(*&&*^&%^$%$) Key Inside the
edgarblythe wrote:
First time ever. Went to the new gas up station across from my neighborhood, sat there counting money, then got out and locked the doors. The clerk was very supportive, but she wanted to call an after hours locksmith. I said, "No, thanks. I have another plan." Called the guy who sold me this truck and got him to drive a key over. I hated getting him out, as he's not feeling too good.

Some folks suggested a hanger wire to get in, but I'm no good at that, plus, didn't want to mess up a nice truck.

Made it home, safe and sound, thank you.

Confucious say, "Always keep wallet key"

Anon

OOpps, Roger beat me to it!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:01 am
About ten years ago, I was going to get some money from an ATM-maschine at my bank in my native town, met an old friend and talked with him. My wife joined us, closing the car door properly.

So she had to take a taxi to our home, get the reserve key and return with it an hour later.

This was annoying.

But it was raining at that time, my umbrella was in the car, it was late and I wanted to have an eye on the car with the keys inside.
So I stood under that little roof of the bank office, wandering five yards to the left, two to the right all the time.

The policemen were not really laughing about my story, but gave me their deepest sympathy. (Someone from the neighbourhod had called them.)
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:21 am
Green Witch wrote:
......He pulled out this flat hook thingy....

That would be a...Slim Jim
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:03 am
How far did you get, Walter? Five to the left and two to the right doesn't sound like a fast way to go, but given enough time. . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:04 am
The police used to come with their "Slim Jim" and help you get back in your vehicle. Now, you have to call Pop-A-Lock. It costs $35.00 for them to take two seconds and open your vehicle. The police no longer do it. Go figure.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Locked MY ((**(*&&*^&%^$%$) Key Inside the Truck
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 09:33:50