I Locked MY ((**(*&&*^&%^$%$) Key Inside the Truck

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:11 am
roger wrote:
How far did you get, Walter? Five to the left and two to the right doesn't sound like a fast way to go, but given enough time. . . .

I went inside the building as well, since I could open the doors with my card.

The only "possitive" about this story was that my wife hadn't to pay the ride back with the taxi: the driver told her very friendly that he had to drive back - without passenger - on any case ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:00 am
The reason I didn't have a spare key, I recently bought the truck and kept forgetting to get copies made. One of these days, I may get in a scrape that makes me sorry I don't have a cell phone. As it is, I had to walk about the distance of about ten city blocks to call from home for the key to open the truck. The only legitemate use for cell phones, from my perspective, is so my wife can use hers for emergencies.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:47 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The reason I didn't have a spare key, I recently bought the truck and kept forgetting to get copies made. One of these days, I may get in a scrape that makes me sorry I don't have a cell phone. As it is, I had to walk about the distance of about ten city blocks to call from home for the key to open the truck. The only legitemate use for cell phones, from my perspective, is so my wife can use hers for emergencies.

Yea, right ... That's what they all say!!

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:56 am
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:59 am
A number of years ago, I locked my keys in my car........................with the car running! Embarrassed

Fortunately, in those days, you could open the doors with a twisted wire hanger.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:34 am
The worst part of my experience was the inconvenience to my friend, who had to get out so late on a week night. I hope I can make it up to him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:47 am
Although this happened to me (us) already a couple of years ago, I still don't leave the key in the car when I go out and Mrs. Walter sits in it Embarrassed

(Well, actually, it couldn't happen anymore with the new locking systems. since some years :wink:)
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:54 am
JayBea did it to us this year. We went to the pharmacy to pick up some stuff. I left the keys in the car, with the car running so she could stay warm. She realizes that she has forgotten part of the "honey do" list, so gets out, locks the door with her purse in there also, with the car running. We had just bought the little car for Jan (my daughter) and I was still "test driving" Smile it for her, so I didn't have a wallet key. Thank goodness for triple A!!

Anon
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:37 am
I wanna know where I can get one of these "Slim Jim" thingys.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:04 am
Eva wrote:

Eva,

You need to know how to use those things properly or you can really mess up your door ... bad!! I thought about getting one too, but then the question is, where do you keep it? In the car ... with the keys ... snugly locked inside! Crying or Very sad

Anon
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:09 am
That's a good point, Anon! <LOL>

Maybe I'd best just call AAA.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:16 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
Eva wrote:

Eva,

You need to know how to use those things properly or you can really mess up your door ... bad!! I thought about getting one too, but then the question is, where do you keep it? In the car ... with the keys ... snugly locked inside! Crying or Very sad

Anon

I wouldn't advise even trying it on a vehicle with side air bags..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:19 am
Really, George? Will it set them off?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:27 am
roger wrote:

Not, when you have had enough training of the try and error kind before they said in my garage ....
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:30 am
There's an urban legend about police officers being killed in that
situation. It's just that, of course, but you can do some damage if you're
heavy-handed.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:34 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
roger wrote:

Not, when you have had enough training of the try and error kind before they said in my garage ....

I know some guys back in East Boston who have had lots of such
experience. Unfortunately some of them were caught at it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:48 am
Eva wrote:

Best Hardware, ask Richard where they keep them now. Used to be over by the drill bits.

J
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:59 am
You can buy tools like this, Joe?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:17 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Eva wrote:

Best Hardware, ask Richard where they keep them now. Used to be over by the drill bits.

J

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:17 am
I hate automatic locks, are we that stupid that we need to have self-locking doors?

Once upon a time, a lady friend and I arrived at my house in her truck to drop me off after a long bike ride. I was driving. I left the truck running and got out to get my bike out of the back. She got out of the passenger side and shut the door. Spotting a car coming down the street, I stepped back to the driver's side door and carefully slammed it shut as my lady friend began yelling "DON"T SHUT THAT DOOR!. "DON"T SHUT THAT DOOR!."DON"T SHUT THAT DOOR!

so... truck is kind of in the middle of the side street...running...lady friend is purple with rage... I feel bad but How the HELL... anyway...

Now comes the fun part. She decides that she will call her daughter to bring the extra set of keys. Good. No, not good, daughter has the intelligence of a 15 watt bulb AND she is a new driver AND she has never driven from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to Tulsa..

.. purple woman explains how to get to idiot's house -seven times- "No, I said 'Turn LEFT onto the Highway!!! Write it down!"....

(wouldn't it be better if you just took my car and went to get the keys?)

!!!!"SHE CAN DO IT!! " !!!!!!! !!! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

yes. She can.

We wait.

There is little talking.
We are hot (and not in the good way)
We are dirty(and not in the good way)
We are (well, you get it.)

One Hour and Forty minutes later (did I mention it's about twenty miles?)
daughter arrives. With keys. (Ditz a miracle)

Purple faced woman leaves.

Joe(she married a good friend of mine.)Nation
We remained friends.
Her too. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 11:27:15