Director of Public Relations

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:06 pm
I am in need of a job description for a Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization. I am having a hard time finding just what I need. This person is also a professional photographer and will be handling all the publicity shots, photos for brochures, etc.

Can anyone offer some advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,055 • Replies: 2
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:13 pm
This has info and a template:

http://www.businessballs.com/jobdescription.htm

Template:

Quote:
Job description example 1:

Job Description - SNP Co Ltd

Title: Sales and Marketing Executive

Reports to: Sales and Marketing Director, Newtown.

Based at: Sparkly New Products Co Ltd, Technology House, Newtown.

Job purpose:

To plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of SNP's ABC machinery range to UK major accounts and specifiers, in accordance with agreed business plans.

Key responsibilities and accountabilities:

1. Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
2. Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (principally direct mail) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
3. Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts by main market sector and SNP's ABC products.
4. Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
5. Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
6. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
7. Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
8. Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
9. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
10. Manage the external marketing agency activities of telemarketing and research.
11. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.

Scale and territory indicators:

Core product range of four ABC machines price range £50 to £250. Target sectors: All major multiple-site organisations having more than 1,000 staff. Prospect database c.10,000 head offices of large organisations. Customer base of c.150 large organisations. Typical account value £20-50k pa. Total personal revenue accountability potentially £4.5m. Territory: UK.

(date and reference)

Here's one specifically for PR:

http://www.simonejoyaux.com/resources/PDFs/Job%20Description%20Marke-4AE93.pdf

Got those by plugging "job description sample PR" into Google, lots more.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:15 pm
Sozobe,

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your help!

That first link will be so helpful! Just what I needed to develop job descriptions. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
0 Replies