Bacterial resistance to antibiotics: No argument for evoluti

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:45 am
well Squinney, in order to research faith you need to get lots of those little pencil like flashlights and lots of electronic gear with lights and bells and whistles yeah and cameras that take infra-red film, a jug of Southern Comfort and a king james bible. You need a bighair blond with 8lbs of really ugly makeup and finally but not least lots of cash sent in by really stupid people who are afraid of the dark. All in all, it's those little flashlights that do the trick.
ramen.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
So far, I haven't seen anything remotely like an attempt by one of the resident evo-losers to try to refute the article I posted on its own merits.

Why doesn't that surprise me??

http://www.kcfs.org/images/Neanderthal.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:04 am
dyslexia wrote:
well Squinney, in order to research faith you need to get lots of those little pencil like flashlights and lots of electronic gear with lights and bells and whistles yeah and cameras that take infra-red film, a jug of Southern Comfort and a king james bible. You need a bighair blond with 8lbs of really ugly makeup and finally but not least lots of cash sent in by really stupid people who are afraid of the dark. All in all, it's those little flashlights that do the trick.
ramen.

Brilliant . . . one of your best satires . . .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:17 am
http://www.craigchaquico.com/photoalbums/starship_album/images/Grace%20Slick%20lends%20a%20hand.jpg

Louis Carroll's lady friend describes the world of the evo-loser ("...one pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small... ...ask Alice, when she was just small....)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:31 am
And yet another Gunga rant goes down the tubes, thanks to Gunga's irrational hatred of those with whom he disagrees . . .

Tell us about the Serbs again, SWolf, that always gives me a good chuckle . .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:23 pm
I know, I'm aware of the thing about casting pearls before swine....

That's always been one of the harder biblical injunctions to follow, there being no real way to put useful information in front of people who can use it without some of the swine seeing it as well. I'm basically resigned to that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:26 pm
Although the moderators may not agree, i consider referring to those with whom you disagree as "swine" to be a violation of the TOS. Therefore, i have reported your post, and in line with my personal policy, am informing you to that effect.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:29 pm
Figures... I post a complex scientific article and the only reply anybody sees is three pages of name-calling from you and wolfodonnell including calling me a hate monger, I mention the obvious, and you're going to report me for it...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/692335/2/istockphoto_692335_one_way_street_sign.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:19 pm
At no time did i refer to you as a hate monger. If you feel that way, it is certainly no fault of mine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:21 pm
By the way, "complex scientific article"--that's a corker . . . keep those silly jokes comin', K?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:23 pm
"Convoluted while using big scientific words" article might be a better description.

The article misrepresents evolution then argues against what it misrepresented. It isn't science at all.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 03:54 am
parados wrote:
"Convoluted while using big scientific words" article might be a better description.

The article misrepresents evolution then argues against what it misrepresented. It isn't science at all.

If Gungasnake knew what real science is, we wouldn't be here talking about this article.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:09 am
gungasnake is as big a loser as the rest of the freaks. In sickness they'll happily accept the benefits of genetic research, while at the same time, completely rejecting the knowledge gained. They're all freaks and nutcases.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 06:20 am
Wow, just ran into ths. I need to keep up with the "Gunga News Network" I read the article and find, I dont have the time nor the interest to look up the concepts therein. Im afraid that the subject is one in which I have neither advanced training nor experience. The interesting thing , from a quick inspection, there is no original work in there by Anderson( whose career at USDA crop science had been truncated by
1 retirement
2 the offer to be the head quote mining poobah at the Van Andel center for "Cretin" research. )

van Andel Center is a series of "sheds" out in Arizona where the ICR claims it does research. Id seen some pix of the area and it looks more like a bunch od Bailey Buildings and metal sided garages.

Anderson has never failed to give opinions about Creationism and has done quite a bit of personal quote mining in a number of other subject areas where he is not qualified.

One area, gene transfer, is a hypothesis that , favored by a number of scientists like Lynne Margulis and Doug Futuyama , who accept by proof( not quote mining) that genomes can capture sections of other genomes . Im not sure what this has to do with conferring resistance which usually comes about as a simple transcription error of one nucleotide, which affects maybe one amino acid It evidences new nucleotide positioning all the time, and by trial and error, new nucleotide resonance does happen.Then gene transfer carries on like a molecular "Paul Revere". I see that gunga purposely doesnt understand the concept of allele heterozygous/ homozygous trait expansion in the malaria/sickling example. (Im not gonna say that , if hes too igorant to understand that concept, why then should we accept anything he posts as being nothing more than a cut and paste from a site or two that merely want the Cretinist borgs to "pass it on"), Nope, Im not gonna say that.

Did anybody ask gunga snake what he understands about this article? usually he just clips and posts without reading his ****.
Remember, It was gunga who, last year excitedly posted a whole thing about a dinosaur fossil with a human(or at least a hominid) fossil in the dinos mouth. Gunga was pronouncing how this was slamming the door on evolution. The finding of these "fossils" alluded to a conclusion that, at death , the dinosaur was busy eating a hominid. This of course reinforced the Creationist views that dinosaurs and humans lived together. Gunga was all full of himself about this sounding the dewth knell to as he calls the "evolosers" until a bunch of real paleontologists inspected the "fossils" and discovered that they were cast in polymer resin and were distressed by painting dark "fossil like" colors. Gunga went away for a rest after that.

I gave the Anderson paper to a knowledgeable colleague who, may or may not be interested enough to go through and see where ol kevin is going.
Kevin is one of the best at quote mining .
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 06:43 am
Okay, I'll admit it, I may be somewhat experienced in what Gunga is talking about, but I just can't be bothered to do the legwork to disprove him. It's far too much.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 06:56 am
Dont worry wolfie, its all part of the Gunga plan. He wants us to do his leg work while he sits on the gunga chair with his Ben and jerry's. Weve been bitten by the Gunga fakery so many times before that he doesnt even evoke a response anymore. Im waiting for the time when he crosses the line in his rudeness. He seems to be quite an agry man who isnt really interested in scholarship but hate filled polemics.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:00 am
Additionally, we are swimming against the tide of his e-mail updates from the creationist fruitcakes, who make sure he gets new material at least twice a month.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:05 am
Setanta wrote:
Additionally, we are swimming against the tide of his e-mail updates from the creationist fruitcakes, who make sure he gets new material at least twice a month.

I'm insulted by your use of the term "Creationist fruitcakes", sir.

I like fruitcases (at least, those that have been baked well, and are nice and soft) and find this derogatory use of the word offensive.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:08 am
Is it rhe Ben and Jerryies that dissolve and distort the intelligence so?

What is in them?

Who knew Gunga was addicted to them!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:12 am
I just realised that I made a typo in my above post and typed out fruitcases instead of fruitcakes. Now, I've never had a fruitcase, but I'm sure they're very nice too.
0 Replies