Cordless Phone w/extention and base

Pitter

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:24 pm
On those cordless phones with two hand sets do you have to connect both bases to phone jacks or just the main base? I know you have to plug each base into an electrical outlet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:28 pm
Typically the satellites connect back to the base. Note that some of these systems can accept multiple cordless satellites, which makes them a good choice for older homes which may not have wiring to support modern phone requirements.

Just don't try to use the wireless handsets for Internet connections. It's possible, but I don't recommend it.

I bought two of these things from my former employer (no longer on the market). My Dad has something like 8 wireless handsets scattered around the house. You never want to get caught on the pot without a phone, ya know.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:29 pm
The base station is the only unit that has to be connected to the phone line. The other units usually have their own chargers but they connect to the system wirelessly through the base unit.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:12 am
Thank you I apreciate the replies. If I were in the states I could just go to department store and look but here there aren't any twin handset models to look at.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:14 am
Check eBay.
0 Replies