Origins of Earth

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:16 am
What is the simple explanation of the scientific theory concerning the origins of earth?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 643 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:26 am
There is no simple explanation. They're all complicated explanations. The simple ones don't tell you the whole truth.
0 Replies

chr42690

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:32 am
I understand that but I am doing a report for biology and need to know the basic foundations. (I don't agree with the scientific explanation either but I have to do this for school).
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:05 pm
Got to Google and type in "origin of the earth". Disregard sites like answersingenesis . Here's one synoptic one:

http://faculty.weber.edu/bdattilo/fossils/notes/earth.html

When you say you don't agree with the scientific explanation, keep in mind that there is NO physical or real world evidence that the religious explanation of the origin of the earth is true. If you accept the biblical explanation, you have to accept it on faith only, because there are literally mountains of hard evidence in the real world that it is not the case.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:08 pm
chr42690 wrote:
I understand that but I am doing a report for biology and need to know the basic foundations. (I don't agree with the scientific explanation either but I have to do this for school).

Biology? The Origins of the Earth sounds more like an astrophysics topic to me.
0 Replies

chr42690

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:55 pm
I don't know why the teacher chose this assignment for biology.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:12 pm
Re: Origins of Earth
chr42690 wrote:
What is the simple explanation of the scientific theory concerning the origins of earth?

It condensed out of a cloud of interstallar debris.

If you want a professional looking report on the subjet you will have to pay me $500. But since you would have to earn the $500 first, and to do that you might need the education you get from learning the answer to the assignment, you might want to go with the free answer.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:15 pm
Here's a good site for you.

http://www.moorlandschool.co.uk/earth/earthorigin.htm
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:04 pm
chr42690-

It began for me around Easter time.Probably an Easter monday.

About eight months before I appeared,I was a bit eager,coincides with Easter.I assume it was Easter monday because that was a day of rolling eggs in the park and piss-ups for the new post-adolescents, and general jollifications which,as you no doubt know,have a tendency,which Charles Darwin explained,to cause lots of new universes to form.

Whether it was up against a fence or on a haystack I have never been able to discover
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:07 pm
Sounds like a "trick" question to me!
0 Replies