Smokers are dumb

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:16 pm
Cigarette smoke for a migraine headache...oy
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:23 pm
Smoking; Sucking the smoke of dead smoldering bushes into your lungs through a paper tube and paying for it. Mmmmmm thats a great idea Laughing

p.s. sometimes I have a smoke when I've had a couple of beers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:57 pm
yep, smoking is dumb. But, maybe not the smokers.

So, slappy, you still getting the nookie?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
littlek wrote:
So, slappy, you still getting the nookie?

I'm now dating the nookie. Things are good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm
Does everyone know what time it is?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:36 pm
Time to make the doughnuts?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:36 pm
Pretty much, yes. Nothing's being hidden.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:37 pm
Slappy, have I ever told you that I find you attractive?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:41 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Slappy, have I ever told you that I find you attractive?

Yes, Uncle Stu. About 40 times already. Now put down the absinthe and go to bed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:43 pm
<shuffles off for bed, leaving a trail of drool behind>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:37 pm
littlek wrote:
Does everyone know what time it is?

http://www.msichicago.org/scrapbook/scrapbook_exhibits/howdy_doody/howdy_imgs/howdy_logo.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:41 pm
Wait so what happened with stupid friend guy? Did he get over it? (Is there an update someplace that I missed?)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:45 pm
If you missed it, so did I
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
There was no update anywhere, I never kept posting about it because I wasn't sure for a week or two where it was going.

She told my friend and at first, he got pissed. I called him the next day, then he was fine with it after hearing about it from me. He thought I was just trying to bang her behind his back, and making some big secret out of it. Then in Vegas he said he was totally cool with it, and he knew he has no reason to be upset. Got along with him like nothing happened the whole time, which was great.

The one stupid thing I did was not tell FL chick not to come up two weekends ago. She said she didn't want to talk about it over the phone, and instead of just telling her not to come anyway, I let her. She flew up, then left in a cab about 3 hours later. I felt like sh!t, and didn't handle it right, but it was a weird situation at the time. I did tell her days before she came up I started seeing someone else...figured that would have been enough of a hint.

Other than that, so far so good.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:58 pm
Hey, great!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:59 pm
Good to hear, Slappy - you're handling it all pretty well - and so is everyone else. <all things consdiered>
0 Replies

Cezanne Dahlia

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:05 pm
Quote:
Starting after age 20 is a bit baffling.

I agree yet I started smoking when I was 21. It's odd, really. I was so anti-smoking before that. I never allowed anyone to smoke in my home and I was disgusted at people who did smoke. Then, as I was going through my divorce at age 21 (married at 17 and had two small babies) a "friend" suggested I try a cigarette "just to take the edge off."

I was so stressed out, angry and alone with two little kids and after a while I went into rebellion mode and tried a cigarette. Well, one led to another and here I am 20 years later.

I have quit many times, one time for over a year, but always went back to smoking when I was extremely stressed.

I also do not smoke in my home, in restaurants or anywhere in public. It's the shame of being a smoker in this day and age when I should know better. I smoke a pack a day - outside in the garage. I would feel too guilty subjecting my family (or even my pets) to my second-hand smoke.

I felt guilty when Dana Reeve died of lung cancer when she had never smoked a cigarette in her life. Now I'm going to try quitting again with Zyban and the patch. Wish me luck!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:08 pm
jeez, this all makes me want to light up one.... and i'm gonna. i have to keep writing a paper, it's as good an excuse as any to take a break..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:45 pm
I'd say masturbating is a better stress relief than smoking.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:47 pm
well, stepping outside for a cigarette is much less looked down upon in a public library, but it is a worthwhile idea, slappy. to each his own, to each his own.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Smokers are dumb
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 05:26:42