World's biggest burger

Reyn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
World's biggest burger

A US restaurant has beaten its record for the world's biggest burger with a whopping 15-pounder.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/539897.jpg

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, in Clearfield, Pennsylvania, already had the title with a 6lb burger.

But owners thought a 15-pound burger would prove an even bigger attraction, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Diners who can finish the £25 burger in under five hours win £200, a T-shirt and have their name posted on the pub's wall of fame.

They also get the burger for free.

"Every restaurant needs a gimmick - ours is big burgers," said Dennis Liegey III, son of the restaurant's owner.

Visitors come from as far away as Australia and California just to see the 6-pounders and try to eat them.

The new burger, dubbed the Beer Barrel Belly Buster, is as big around as the inside of a car tyre.

It comes with a cup and half each of mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup, a head of lettuce, two onions, three tomatoes and 25 slices of cheese.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,905 • Replies: 42
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:17 pm
I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with a side of fries.
If you are going to risk "death by burger", the least they could do is to sweeten the deal with a couple of sides and a bottomless coke.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
They have a huge burger at a local eatery. I don't recall how many pounds of hamburger, but it has all the trimmings, plus cheese and a pound of bacon. Eat it under the time limit, and all you get is your name on the wall of fame.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
And a possible adventure in an ambulance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
Fer sure.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
<imagine vomit emoticon here>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:53 pm
cyphercat wrote:

You've just been waiting to use that, haven't you? Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:59 pm
I had a burger today, but it was a bit smaller than that one.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:13 pm
who in their right mind would want to eat 25 pounds of meat? why?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:19 pm
I know. I would imagine they are made for a large party of people or someone fool enough to take a dare, lol.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:29 pm
Reyn wrote:
cyphercat wrote:

You've just been waiting to use that, haven't you? Laughing

I'm pretty sure I said that before Intrepid did Very Happy ...if only I could remember what thread that was. I remember that region helpfully came along and posted one for me after I said it. Hmm, now I have to find it or it'll bother me...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:06 am
I think you should spend a good, solid hour searching that out. Otherwise, your life will never be complete. :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:32 pm
Laughing it was about fifteen minutes...I remember what thread it was, but I couldn't find it...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
Well, there ya go!

This will haunt you for the rest of time.

Kinda like Tom Jones tunes, maybe?

http://www.facets.org/Images/cinematheque/filmschool/haunting.jpg
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:07 pm
Laughing That picture sums up how I feel a lot of the time...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 06:39 am
Oh, the horror Shocked
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:02 am
I think someone would die while attempting to conquer the belly buster. vomit doesnt bother me as much as certain people who dont have a gag reflex. Such a person could actually "bust" their belly and be minutes away from a horrible painful death as you are consumed by your own stomach acid in a vomer of masticated meats , cheese, bread , and vegetables.
for 300 bucks and a tee shirt.
Yet the person who photographs the victim writhing in agony will probably earl a hundred K by selling it to the same tabloids from which REYN GETS ALL HIS DISGUSTING NEWS>
See how there is a great circle of life ?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:56 am
farmerman wrote:
....the same tabloids from which REYN GETS ALL HIS DISGUSTING NEWS>....

Actually, you're wrong, my good fellow.

All the news that I've deemed fit to post are from legitimate sources and are true.

You may, or may not like them, but are definitely not from tabloids.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
dagmaraka wrote:
who in their right mind would want to eat 25 pounds of meat? why?

It was 15 pounds of meat that cost 25 pounds. :wink:

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/puke.gif
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:15 am
Is it possible for someone to eat 25 lbs of meat in one day? Other than Sally Struthers?

I was at a Mexican restaurant last week that offered a 3lb burrito, if you finish it you get a free t-shirt and frozen drink. All set with that. And it was $35.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » World's biggest burger
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.54 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:32:09